Lack of a First Class Lounge at HIA

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2015, 12:24 am
HB7
Original Poster

Programs: BA Exec Club, SIA KrisFlyer, Qantas FF, Emirates Skywards
Lack of a First Class Lounge at HIA

Good Afternoon All,

This question is aimed primarily at those passengers who regularly fly Qatar Airways in first class, however I would also love to hear from other (first and non-first) flying passengers on other airlines in regards to this topic.

I would love to know what are your opinions' on the lack of a first class lounge at the QR hub. It's been well over a year now and there is still no first class lounge - and it doesn't look like it is opening any time soon.

Passengers who fly in first class are paying the most for a ticket (most of the time) and don't even have a lounge to go to. Do these passengers find this acceptable? As someone who is paying top dollar for a first class flight on a so called "5 star" airline, do you think about taking your business elsewhere? Do you believe (as I do) that QR should be taken to task on this?? What possible excuse is there for this?

As mentioned before, I would love to hear from passengers on all airlines, not only QR, and as an example I would love to hear from those passengers who fly F regularly with airlines such as EK, LH and AF who all have amazing first class lounges/terminals at their hubs - would you ever think about taking your business TO Qatar Airways?
Old Jul 22, 2015, 1:39 am

Programs: BA Gold
Discussed to death already

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar...unges-hia.html
Old Jul 22, 2015, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by HB7
Passengers who fly in first class are paying the most for a ticket (most of the time) and don't even have a lounge to go to.
They do have a lounge to go to.

Indeed, there are a number of lounges they can visit.
Old Jul 22, 2015, 12:03 pm

Originally Posted by darthlemsip

Discussed to death is an understatement. How does one miss to read the two most common questions? When does Al Safwa open? and do they serve KRUG in Al Mourjan?
Old Jul 23, 2015, 11:56 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
I guess it is a matter of lack of planning!
Old Jul 23, 2015, 1:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
I guess it is a matter of lack of planning!
Absolutely

What is 5* about no F lounge in your hub

Nice F product but I'm not buying any more F tickets until they have an F lounge

EK are probably happy though 😁
Old Jul 24, 2015, 12:00 am
HB7
Original Poster

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
They do have a lounge to go to.

Indeed, there are a number of lounges they can visit.
Are you being facetious or trying to be smart? Because it's not working.

I think anyone here understands where I'm trying to come from.
Old Jul 24, 2015, 12:04 am
HB7
Original Poster

Originally Posted by darthlemsip
Conjecture about the Al-Mourjan lounge, when the Al-Safwa lounge all aspects of Krug (for some reason) have been discussed to death already.

I specifically asked a few questions in a survey style thread to get the opinion of those targeted. If you don't want to share your opinion on those specific questions, why do you waste your time and my time posting anything at all?
Old Jul 24, 2015, 12:31 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
The answers to your questions HB7, are within the main Lounges at HIA thread - which you have been pointed to already.

A survey relies on multiple responses - the Lounges at HIA thread has circa 100 pages of responses for you to look through, and thus gauge the feeling of those who fly QR, as well as those who travel in F on QR.

I appreciate it may be frustrating to read through 100 pages, opposed to simply starting a new thread to ask similar questions, but the Lounges at HIA thread is the best place for you to start your survey.

If you have more detailed and specific questions (which have not been answered or addressed in the Lounges at HIA thread) then by all means pose those.
Old Jul 24, 2015, 1:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by HB7
Are you being facetious or trying to be smart? Because it's not working.
From your response I'd say it's working pretty well ...

Originally Posted by HB7
I think anyone here understands where I'm trying to come from.
Honestly, we understand.
Old Jul 24, 2015, 4:25 am

Easy now. HB7 is just asking some questions. No need to point her to a 100+ page thread which is 50% Krug nonsense!
Old Jul 24, 2015, 5:40 am

Originally Posted by HB7
Conjecture about the Al-Mourjan lounge, when the Al-Safwa lounge all aspects of Krug (for some reason) have been discussed to death already.

I specifically asked a few questions in a survey style thread to get the opinion of those targeted. If you don't want to share your opinion on those specific questions, why do you waste your time and my time posting anything at all?
The point being, pretty much everything you have asked has been discussed in the thread I linked. Yes, it's a pain having to go through all those pages, but that's what the thread is there for - it doesn't need another one

Last edited by darthlemsip; Jul 24, 2015 at 5:47 am
Old Jul 24, 2015, 10:01 am
HB7
Original Poster

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
From your response I'd say it's working pretty well ...

Honestly, we understand.

Actually it was my mistake, I should know better than to engage with those that are here for child-like amusement.

I'll know better to not waste my time next time.
Old Jul 24, 2015, 3:04 pm

Programs: CX Green | UA Silver | Marriott Lifetime Platinum | Hyatt Globalist | Hilton Gold | AA EXP
Originally Posted by HB7
Here's a thought. Have you ever consider the possibility that if you had stated your objective upfront you could've gotten a better response? Everything you wrote is no different than those that were written/asked in other thread mentioned by darthlemsip hence why you got the response you're getting. If you had been honest and clearly stated the purpose of your posting/questions (research, marketing survey, grad paper, etc.) maybe people would be more willing to give constructive response?

And I don't know why you snapped at IAN-UK for correcting you. I think that partly sets up the tone for the rest of this thread. If you read your original posting, you stated that Passengers who fly in first class are paying the most for a ticket (most of the time) and don't even have a lounge to go to. You are wrong - as IAN-UK mentioned there are multiple lounges F passengers can go to. In fact, one could argue, if one wants, that QR Al Mourjan is better as it only admits J and F passengers vs. the other airlines you mentioned which also admit Y passengers with status to their F lounges. If that's not what you meant to ask, maybe you should've read your own posting twice before submitting it. I know from experience that sometimes what I wrote is not what I had in mind (and I still insist AA J doesn't count as improvement ... not in my mind anyway )

Just my two cents.
Old Jul 24, 2015, 8:58 pm
HB7
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Rivarix
Here's a thought. Have you ever consider the possibility that if you had stated your objective upfront you could've gotten a better response? Everything you wrote is no different than those that were written/asked in other thread mentioned by darthlemsip hence why you got the response you're getting. If you had been honest and clearly stated the purpose of your posting/questions (research, marketing survey, grad paper, etc.) maybe people would be more willing to give constructive response?

And I don't know why you snapped at IAN-UK for correcting you. I think that partly sets up the tone for the rest of this thread. If you read your original posting, you stated that Passengers who fly in first class are paying the most for a ticket (most of the time) and don't even have a lounge to go to. You are wrong - as IAN-UK mentioned there are multiple lounges F passengers can go to. In fact, one could argue, if one wants, that QR Al Mourjan is better as it only admits J and F passengers vs. the other airlines you mentioned which also admit Y passengers with status to their F lounges. If that's not what you meant to ask, maybe you should've read your own posting twice before submitting it. I know from experience that sometimes what I wrote is not what I had in mind (and I still insist AA J doesn't count as improvement ... not in my mind anyway )

Just my two cents.
Okay, that's your two cents and that is fair enough. But in response to your comments, I have these questions.

"Everything you wrote is no different than those that were written/asked in other thread"

One of my questions stated "Do you believe (as I do) that QR should be taken to task on this?" - can you please find me just 5 people who have (directly or indirectly) given their opinion on this point?

Now in regards to first class passengers having a lounge to go to, it is obvious that I was referring to Al-Safwa not being open yet. There are plenty of lounges that F passengers can visit, but I am quite certain yourself and most others who are familiar with HIA and QR know there isn't a true F lounge (as in Al-Safwa is yet to open).

Which brings me to my next question for you - do you honestly believe that IAN-UK was not being sarcastic and just trying to be smart and smug? Because from some of his previous posts, it is clear that he is very well informed on QR and HIA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.