Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

QR internal memo re: F class intra-asia flights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2015, 1:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K (Million Miler). AA Gold (lifetime 1 Million). TK Elite Gold

Hello, I have spent hours trying to find this:

About 1.5 years ago, QR posted first class fares from Phuket to Kuala Lumpur via Doha. The fares were subsequently pulled. Around the same time, I saw posted a copy of internal QR management memo discussing this fare. I have been unable to locate it; can anyone kindly help me with a link or a copy of the memo itself? Thanks
Old May 14, 2015, 1:54 am

Phuket is now served non-stop from Doha on a 787, which does not have First.
Old May 20, 2015, 2:41 pm

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Read up the PNH SGN thread from September 2013-ish, some info was posted there , it was a similar fare/deal.
Fare rules only allowed routing via DOH instead of the short hop. Many tickets booked, QR cancelled all tickets claiming mistake, but in the end at least 5 passengers (heard this from a station manager in the region) flew the route.
Old May 21, 2015, 8:58 am

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by jfkeze
Read up the PNH SGN thread from September 2013-ish, some info was posted there , it was a similar fare/deal.
Fare rules only allowed routing via DOH instead of the short hop. Many tickets booked, QR cancelled all tickets claiming mistake, but in the end at least 5 passengers (heard this from a station manager in the region) flew the route.
One just happened to be a blogger that flew on the exact day QR joined OW. I'm still questioning whether that actually happened.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.