Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Business Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2015, 4:44 am
Original Poster

Business Upgrade

I'm flying to Cape Town from Heathrow via Doha in a few days on Qatar, and I've been offered an online upgrade to business for the Doha-Cape Town leg for £300. Is it worth it? Also, will I get lounge access at Heathrow given that it's all on the same booking? The turnaround at Doha is 1hr 35m so I won't be able to take much (if any) advantage of the lounge there.

Thanks for any help.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 5:37 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Oneworld, *A; Hilton, SPG
Whether it is worth 300 quid really depends on how much you value a J seat on the DOH-CPT leg. Personally, I'd consider the price difference between a Y and a J ticket in the first place (probably more than 300 unless in a deep discount); and the time of the DOH-CPT flight, i.e. day flight or one of those flights departing from DOH around midnight? If the latter, then maybe a better seat would let you arrive at CPT refreshed and give you an extra day.

But unfortunately, no LHR lounge access
Old Mar 28, 2015, 10:06 am
Suspended

QR seems to have fairly cheap upgrade offers to South Africa (I looked back and got one for about the same price to JNB half a year ago), it's decent value for a business class ticket though, but ultimately whether it's worth it is up to you and completely subjective

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.