Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Problems with QR Reservations today

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2015, 8:12 am
Original Poster

Problems with QR Reservations today

I tried to book a flight a few hours ago on the QR website and did not receive a confirmation by email.

I did not (for the first time ever) do a screenshot of the booking page with confirmation number.

I called QR (after on hold for 30 mins) to be told their reservations system is down and they don't know if the booking will go through. I asked if they would still honour the price and availability. I received a simple "no, the prices and availability changes all the time" as if I don't already know. Not particularly helpful. I am seriously considering moving away from QR - their customer service is appalling.

QR Gold
BA Gold
Old Mar 26, 2015, 8:21 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
It is always best to note/screenshot the confirmation page for this very reason.

Originally Posted by eastflyer123
QR Gold
BA Gold
I thought you were BA Blue? http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/24164887-post1.html
Old Mar 26, 2015, 8:27 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nux
It is always best to note/screenshot the confirmation page for this very reason.

I thought you were BA Blue? http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/24164887-post1.html

I blagged a Gold after my well worded statement to BA re my distaste at QR :-)
Old Mar 26, 2015, 2:45 pm

Programs: QR Gold, BA silver
70 days from Blue to Gold?
Blag? Thats very serious...
Old Mar 27, 2015, 4:17 am
Suspended

Does BA not know that QR Gold is equivalent to BA Silver or can I level up by trying to get BA to status match by complaining about QR?
Old Mar 27, 2015, 4:35 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Originally Posted by mpkz
Does BA not know that QR Gold is equivalent to BA Silver or can I level up by trying to get BA to status match by complaining about QR?
BA do not status match (with the exception of some corporate contracts) and as you say QR Gold is oneworld Sapphire so would be matched to BA Silver (or lower). I wouldn't take the OP's claim seriously.
Old Mar 27, 2015, 1:10 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by nux
BA do not status match (with the exception of some corporate contracts) and as you say QR Gold is oneworld Sapphire so would be matched to BA Silver (or lower). I wouldn't take the OP's claim seriously.
I was hoping he'd make up some funny story.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 1:19 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mpkz
I was hoping he'd make up some funny story.
No there is nothing funny about it so no need to hope.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.