Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Qatar Globetrotter Promo - 100,000 Bonus Qmiles, Tier Upgrade and more

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Qatar Globetrotter Promo - 100,000 Bonus Qmiles, Tier Upgrade and more

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2015, 7:59 am

Programs: SK Diamond, QR Platinum, AA Platinum, BA Silver, IHG Gold Ambassador
Since QR uses DOH as their hub (all flights go via DOH), intra-european flights on QR is not allowed as a single booking. That's why you won't find LCA with ROM as your origin.
Old Apr 7, 2015, 8:10 am

Programs: QR Platinum (Oneworld Emerald), AZ Freccia Alata (Skyteam Gold), Shangri-La GC (Jade)
Originally Posted by sexten
Since QR uses DOH as their hub (all flights go via DOH), intra-european flights on QR is not allowed as a single booking. That's why you won't find LCA with ROM as your origin.
Thanks. So what's the alternative?

IKA-ROM-DOH-LCA?? Sounds pricey
Old Apr 8, 2015, 5:08 am

If I am not living in LCA, then I don't see how the new second rule will apply to the LCA-DOH-SGN routing?
Old Apr 8, 2015, 5:35 am

Originally Posted by tboons
If I am not living in LCA, then I don't see how the new second rule will apply to the LCA-DOH-SGN routing?
You then mean LCA-DOH-SGN-DOH-LCA I presume?
Even with cynical glasses on I can't see how the city you're departing from would qualify.

But this is the main question for me, that I have asked QR about twice (via mail), and have yet to receive an answer.
Old Apr 9, 2015, 8:45 am

Programs: Affiliated with all, participate in some
Some new rules were added today:

In addition to the above, if you have a single ticket with multiple destinations that cut across two themes you will earn bonus Qmiles for the outbound journeys. For instance if you travel between June and August from Doha to Washington and Goa, you will earn bonus Qmiles across the Cultural Exploration (Washington) and Adventurous Getaway (Goa) themes.
Do you have a source link? I cannot find paragraph on any of the Qatar Globetrotter webpages today.
Old Apr 9, 2015, 11:17 am

Programs: QR Platinum (Oneworld Emerald), AZ Freccia Alata (Skyteam Gold), Shangri-La GC (Jade)
Will IKA-CMB-FCO-IKA give me two badges if I buy them as 3 one-way tickets?

The rules seem quite simple but are nonetheless really vague. I dont think they even undertand them properly themselves.
Old Apr 9, 2015, 11:29 am

Originally Posted by wandering_persian
Will IKA-CMB-FCO-IKA give me two badges if I buy them as 3 one-way tickets?

The rules seem quite simple but are nonetheless really vague. I dont think they even undertand them properly themselves.
I'm not a QR-representative, but as I have interpreted the "rules" I would think as long as you have IKA-DOH-CMB and CMB-DOH-FCO as separate bookings you will get credited for both CMB and FCO.
Old Apr 10, 2015, 10:36 am

I'm not a QR-representative, but as I have interpreted the "rules" I would think as long as you have IKA-DOH-CMB and CMB-DOH-FCO as separate bookings you will get credited for both CMB and FCO.
Thanks Sexten!
Old Apr 11, 2015, 4:00 am

CMB-ZRH-CMB

and

HKG-BRU-HKG

will get me 4 badges if i complete them in the overlapping time period since i am not living in CMB or HKG?

does codeshare QR5800 count?

Last edited by tboons; Apr 11, 2015 at 4:08 am
Old Apr 13, 2015, 8:47 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by railways View Post
So if, say, I were to travel:

Vienna - Phuket - Vienna in June, and
Munich - Bangkok - Munich in November

I should get all four badges and the 100k miles bonus?
Originally Posted by Crisu69
Yes, i asked customer support same question and they confirmed to me.
i have hard time to belive this, too good to be true.
Old Apr 13, 2015, 9:26 am

Programs: QR Platinum
Originally Posted by dehetoxic
Below you find the original answer to me from Qatar to my question.

Dear Mr. Crisu,

Thank you for writing to Privilege Club. We value your business.

We apologize for the delay in replying to you and appreciate your patience.

We wish to inform you that in case if you fly Vienna - Phuket – Vienna and Munic - Bangkok – Munich you will earn all four badges for each and them and will be eligible for 100000 bonus Qmiles.

For more details of the offer you click on the below link:

http://www.qatarairways.com/Privileg...ategory=1Qatar Airways

Do let us know if we can assist you any further.

Sincerely,

Tamanna Bhatt

Privilege Club Team

www.qmiles.com

Important Information:

Please update your contact details today to help us serve you better. To update your details, log in to your account and click on "Update Profile" to make the necessary changes.
Old Apr 13, 2015, 9:42 am

Originally Posted by dehetoxic
Below you can see the answer of Qatar Air to my question regarding the flight. I must add that i am not a resident of Germany, Austria or Thailand. So with two flights you can have all 4 badges and 100.000.

Dear Mr. xxx,

Thank you for writing to Privilege Club. We value your business.

We apologize for the delay in replying to you and appreciate your patience.

We wish to inform you that in case if you fly Vienna - Phuket – Vienna and Munic - Bangkok – Munich you will earn all four badges for each and them and will be eligible for 100000 bonus Qmiles.

For more details of the offer you click on the below link:

http://www.qatarairways.com/Privileg...ategory=1Qatar Airways

Do let us know if we can assist you any further.

Sincerely,

Tamanna Bhatt

Privilege Club Team
Old Apr 13, 2015, 9:57 am

Below you can see the answer of Qatar Air to my question regarding the flight. I must add that i am not a resident of Germany, Austria or Thailand. So with two flights you can have all 4 badges and 100.000.
Congratulations on being the first one to actually get a reply from QR regarding this I have had 2 mails/request pending for almost a month now, asking the same, with no reply.

This is very interesting information. So we can conclude that you will get awarded with badges for both ends, but will you/we also get bonus miles for both destinations I wonder?
Old Apr 13, 2015, 10:33 am

Congratulations on being the first one to actually get a reply from QR regarding this I have had 2 mails/request pending for almost a month now, asking the same, with no reply.

This is very interesting information. So we can conclude that you will get awarded with badges for both ends, but will you/we also get bonus miles for both destinations I wonder?
I think i will also get the bonus miles for both destinations e.g. Vienna-Phuket-Vienna (via Doha) because i am not resident in any of the theme countries and i am flying from Doha to Vienna/Phuket

Bonus Qmiles will be credited only for the outbound journey (from Doha to the theme destination) and not for the return journey (destination to Doha). Qualifying destinations excludes the destinations that are in the country of residence mentioned in the Privilege Club account of the member.

For instance a member residing in Egypt who embarks on a return trip from Cairo to Amman (Cairo – Doha – Amman – Doha – Cairo) during the Cultural Exploration travel period will only earn bonus Qmiles for the outbound journey (Doha - Amman) as Amman is one of the destinations under the Cultural Exploration theme. No bonus Qmiles will be awarded for the return trip (Doha - Cairo) as Egypt is member’s registered country of residence.
Old Apr 13, 2015, 11:08 am

I think i will also get the bonus miles for both destinations e.g. Vienna-Phuket-Vienna (via Doha) because i am not resident in any of the theme countries and i am flying from Doha to Vienna/Phuket
This would mean, with the current Global Campaign offer, you can fly CPH-DOH-SIN-DOH-CPH in Biz for €1365 and earn a total of 46'808 Qmiles(!).

Almost worthy of a mileage run.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.