Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Qatar Globetrotter Promo - 100,000 Bonus Qmiles, Tier Upgrade and more

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Qatar Globetrotter Promo - 100,000 Bonus Qmiles, Tier Upgrade and more

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2015, 3:58 am

Seems new info was added.

Bonus Qmiles will be credited only for the outbound journey and not for the return journey. Outbound and return journey will be decided based on the country of residence mentioned in the Privilege Club account of the member.

For instance a member residing in Egypt who embarks on a return trip from Cairo to Amman (Cairo Doha Amman Doha Cairo) during the Cultural Exploration travel period will only earn bonus Qmiles for the outbound journey to Amman as Amman is one of the destinations under the Cultural Exploration theme. No bonus Qmiles will be awarded for the return trip to Cairo as Egypt is members registered country of residence.

On top of the bonus Qmiles, at the end of the offer period for every theme, you will be awarded a special travel badge for participating in that theme, e.g. Cultural Exploration badge, Adventurous Getaway badge and so on.
Old Apr 1, 2015, 5:53 am

Programs: SK Diamond, QR Platinum, AA Platinum, BA Silver, IHG Gold Ambassador
Originally Posted by largeeyes
Seems new info was added.

Bonus Qmiles will be credited only for the outbound journey and not for the return journey. Outbound and return journey will be decided based on the country of residence mentioned in the Privilege Club account of the member.

For instance a member residing in Egypt who embarks on a return trip from Cairo to Amman (Cairo – Doha – Amman – Doha – Cairo) during the Cultural Exploration travel period will only earn bonus Qmiles for the outbound journey to Amman as Amman is one of the destinations under the Cultural Exploration theme. No bonus Qmiles will be awarded for the return trip to Cairo as Egypt is member’s registered country of residence.

On top of the bonus Qmiles, at the end of the offer period for every theme, you will be awarded a special “travel badge” for participating in that theme, e.g. Cultural Exploration badge, Adventurous Getaway badge and so on.
So does this mean you will get badges for both Cairo and Amman for this trip if you are NOT based in Egypt?
Additionally, does one-way trips count or only round-trips?

These are the 2 last questions I need an answer to before I start booking
Old Apr 1, 2015, 6:24 am

Originally Posted by sexten
So does this mean you will get badges for both Cairo and Amman for this trip if you are NOT based in Egypt?

That's how I read it.......
Old Apr 1, 2015, 7:27 am

I am not based in CMB but have a CMB-ZRH flights in June... Hmmmmmmm
Old Apr 1, 2015, 2:23 pm

Cultural Exploration - Embark on a discovery journey
Cultural Exploration - Embark on a discovery journey
Earn bonus Qmiles and travel badgeWelcome to the very first theme of the Qatar Airways Globetrotter campaign – Cultural Exploration.Click here for reservations
In this theme, we’ll take you on an exploration journey to exciting destinations, where you can discover fascinating tourist attractions, cultures and history.

Travel on Qatar Airways to any of the below destinations from 1st April until 31st August 2015 and earn up to 15,000 bonus Qmiles for each flight. The more you fly, the more bonus Qmiles you will earn.

For instance a member residing in Egypt who embarks on a return trip from Cairo to Amman (Cairo – Doha – Amman – Doha – Cairo) during the Cultural Exploration travel period will only earn bonus Qmiles for the outbound journey to Amman as Amman is one of the destinations under the Cultural Exploration theme. No bonus Qmiles will be awarded for the return trip to Cairo as Egypt is member’s registered country of residence.

Destination Economy Class
(bonus Qmiles) Premium Class
(bonus Qmiles
Amman, Cairo, Delhi, Athens, Vienna, Rome, Berlin, Zurich, Madrid
5,000 10,000
Casablanca, Beijing, Washington 7,500 15,000

To know more about the cultural features of the above destinations featured in this theme, please click here.

That’s not all! In addition to the bonus Qmiles you’ll earn, you’ll also be awarded the Cultural Exploration Badge at the end of this theme. This badge is one of the four badges required to be eligible for the below bountiful rewards that await you at the end of the Qatar Airways Globetrotter campaign in December 2015.

Earned Travel badges Rewards
4 100,000 bonus Qmiles and single tier upgrade
3 50,000 bonus Qmiles
3 25,000 bonus Qmiles

Remember, to be eligible for the Qatar Airways Globetrotter campaign, a one-time registration is required. If you are yet to register, please log into your account now, select "My offers" on your dashboard menu, click on the Qatar Airways Globetrotter campaign and register at least 24 hours before you travel.

Please ensure you quote your membership number at the time of reservation or check-in so that your Qmiles are automatically credited to your account.

To book your flights, visit qatarairways.com. Alternatively, you can contact your nearest Qatar Airways office or your local travel agent.

Terms and conditions:
Offer is applicable for Privilege Club main members and not for family members. To be eligible for bonus Qmiles, members need to register for the Qatar Airways Globetrotter campaign at least 24 hours before they travel. Only flights after registration will be considered as eligible for bonus Qmiles and travel badges. Retro claims requests after the end of the travel period will not be eligible to earn bonus Qmiles. Bonus Qmiles will be credited only for the outbound journey and not for the return journey. Outbound and return journey will be decided based on the country of residence mentioned in the Privilege Club account of the member. Bonus Qmiles will be credited by 15th September, 2015. Members may use this offer more than once during the offer period.
Old Apr 3, 2015, 4:35 am

Flights Italy to SE asia in November for 450Euro or less should get 2 badges according to those rules.
Old Apr 3, 2015, 4:51 am

Programs: The Embassy
Anyone else who sends a lot of time in Bangkok, occurs to me you could hit Hanoi and Phnom Phen with a cheap connector flight back to BKK. I'm going to enquire about prices for changing a couple of my flights to hit that, because might be a cheap way to get all destinations.
Old Apr 5, 2015, 8:35 am

Originally Posted by sexten

Did anyone inquire Qatar Airways about one-way ticket?
Will one-way ticket get badge or not.
I have e-mail them but no answer . . .
Thank you very much
Old Apr 5, 2015, 8:43 am

duplicate

Last edited by holyfly; Apr 6, 2015 at 8:36 pm Reason: duplicate
Old Apr 6, 2015, 6:57 am

Judging by the new rules posted, I have made the following plan to complete all 4 badges.

LCA-DOH-DEL-DOH-LCA in economy, which should give me both Cultural and Adventurous badges since I am not located on Cyprus, right?
OSL-DOH-BKK-DOH-OSL in business, which should give me Metropolitan.
PNH-SGN in economy, which should give me Culinary.

In addition I have a OSL-DOH-SIN-DOH-OSL in business in June, which should total up to the following:

160'000 Qmiles
100 Qcredits
Privilege Club Platinum

Not a bad deal.
Old Apr 7, 2015, 3:51 am

Anyone with experience on these QR promos know if you may earn this Qmiles bonus if you credit your flight to AA or another OW partner?
Old Apr 7, 2015, 4:52 am

Originally Posted by KenGreen888
Anyone with experience on these QR promos know if you may earn this Qmiles bonus if you credit your flight to AA or another OW partner?
No, you will not.
Old Apr 7, 2015, 5:10 am

Some new rules were added today:

For instance a member residing in Egypt who embarks on a return trip from Cairo to Amman (Cairo Doha Amman Doha Cairo) during the Cultural Exploration travel period will only earn bonus Qmiles for the outbound journey to Amman as Amman is one of the destinations under the Cultural Exploration theme. No bonus Qmiles will be awarded for the return trip to Cairo as Egypt is members registered country of residence.

In addition to the above, if you have a single ticket with multiple destinations that cut across two themes you will earn bonus Qmiles for the outbound journeys. For instance if you travel between June and August from Doha to Washington and Goa, you will earn bonus Qmiles across the Cultural Exploration (Washington) and Adventurous Getaway (Goa) themes.
This probably means i.e. LCA-DEL-LCA routings will not count for 2 badges, while i.e. OSL-DEL-LCA should.

Also the PNH-SGN routing previously suggested will probably not be honored, as according to the "rules" it should earn 7500 bonusmiles for each trip. Since the fare is below $100 that would be a ridicolous deal, and Qatar will probably not honor it (neither miles or badges).
Old Apr 7, 2015, 5:20 am

One major issue with QR is that they will change the T & C as the promotion goes along. Moving the goal posts as it were.
Old Apr 7, 2015, 7:34 am

Programs: QR Platinum (Oneworld Emerald), AZ Freccia Alata (Skyteam Gold), Shangri-La GC (Jade)
Can anyone price IKA-ROM-LCA on their website for june in Y? There is no LCA showing up as a destination when I enter ROM as origin

I was thinking about that route in June for 2 badges.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.