DOH - PNH Route

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2015, 6:38 am
Formerly known as Stephenk19
Original Poster

Programs: Free Agent
DOH - PNH Route

Hi Qatar Flyers,

I am considering using Qatar to get to Phnom Penh from Munich (with a layover in Doha).

If anyone has flown this route can you give me an impression on what this routing is like in J (in regards to food, seat, in-flight entertainment).

Looks like the DOH - PNH is operated by a 332 aircraft in the months we would travel - not certain which type though so not sure if it is one with the updated business class seating.

Any impressions of Qatar Business class would be helpful (I am most used to Business on UA as my point of comparison).

Thanks!
Steve
Old Jan 8, 2015, 9:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Their website gives you a pretty good impression of what to expect in business class. You can even check the current in-flight entertainment listings, and look at sample menus.
Old Jan 8, 2015, 1:00 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by irishguy28
Their website gives you a pretty good impression of what to expect in business class. You can even check the current in-flight entertainment listings, and look at sample menus.
Thanks irishguy28

I have seen the advertised product, but was hoping someone could give some impressions from flying (as we all know advertised and actual can sometimes vary a great deal ). If someone has flown this particular route and could give insights it would be helpful, but maybe a long shot.

I am also not sure if there is a way to see what specific version of the A333 is normally used on this route. Not sure if possible but wanted to inquire.

Steve
Old Jan 8, 2015, 1:54 pm

Programs: QR Platinum, WY Gold, Shangri-la Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Just to note that PNH is a tag on from SGN route, so you'd transfer in DOH and then stop in SGN - you might already be aware, but just in case that makes a difference for you.

I'm not sure on the aircraft used I'm afraid as the A330s come in a variety of layouts in J cabins from very old to very new! Some of the A332s have recently been refurbished with 180 degree lie-flat seats but some of the older cabins may still have sloping seats.
Old Jan 9, 2015, 2:05 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by purple1addict
Just to note that PNH is a tag on from SGN route, so you'd transfer in DOH and then stop in SGN - you might already be aware, but just in case that makes a difference for you.

I'm not sure on the aircraft used I'm afraid as the A330s come in a variety of layouts in J cabins from very old to very new! Some of the A332s have recently been refurbished with 180 degree lie-flat seats but some of the older cabins may still have sloping seats.
Thanks purple1addict - yes I saw there is a short stop in SGN. Not ideal, but can still work.

Thanks for the comments on the A332 - sounds like you just have to keep your fingers crossed for an updated type

Steve
Old Jan 10, 2015, 5:27 am

Programs: QR Platinum, WY Gold, Shangri-la Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Stephenk19
Thanks purple1addict - yes I saw there is a short stop in SGN. Not ideal, but can still work.

Thanks for the comments on the A332 - sounds like you just have to keep your fingers crossed for an updated type

Steve
If you do take this flight, please report back - might have PNH coming up myself in a few months' time!
Old Feb 22, 2015, 5:18 pm

Was this tag on cancelled? I wanted to book the flight for July and IATA flight matrix has the routing but am unable to book it on the Qatar website. Weird
Old Feb 23, 2015, 4:01 am

Programs: Many. Too many. I came here to cut them down. I failed.
Originally Posted by BOSWRO
Was this tag on cancelled? I wanted to book the flight for July and IATA flight matrix has the routing but am unable to book it on the Qatar website. Weird
Still there - and bookable (not tried on QR website though, maybe a specific issue to them).
Old Feb 24, 2015, 5:46 am

I flew this route about a month ago. It was fine. I'm not sure whether my seat was fold-flat or not, but the morbidly obese gentleman next to me was definitely not happy with his seat (the other fatties in the cabin were fine though, so it might just have been him). I don't fly much business class so I'm perhaps not as picky as others.

I posted about an issue with the IFE separately: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar...s-problem.html

Food was fine. The dishes on the DOH-PNH route were not the same as DOH-ZRH. I don't know what you will get from MUC.

The business lounge in PNH is nothing to write home about.

The short SGN-PNH leg is virtually empty. In business class there were more flight attendants than passengers, which was nice. They kept the aircon going in SGN. The captain let me have a quick look in the cockpit during the SGN stop, which is nice if you're into that sort of thing.
Old Nov 25, 2015, 12:35 am
Original Poster

Hi All,

For those curious, we flew the route (DOH - PNH) at the end of October and had a good experience. Flight left on-time (around 1am if I recall correctly). Service from the FA's was very good - offered PDB and Pajamas.

Plane did not have lay flat seats and was a little dated, but still in relatively good condition. Food was also good - slightly different then our MUC - DOH route which was nice.

Agree the SGN - PNH portion of the flight was very empty and short - do not think we cruised above 20,000 feet for this part of the flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.