Search

Privilage Club is horrible

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2014, 9:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: WoH Globalist
Thumbs down Privilage Club is horrible

Hello every one

I just joined Qatar Airways FF few days ago and it takes a LONG time for them to respond to my e-mails and/or credit my missing miles into my account. Is this natural?

Can I also claim my missing miles on OneWorld alliance airlines which I flew back on October? Or does the 30 days restriction apply on me since I just joined their FF?

I wouldn't be asking these questions if Qatar Airways responded to my e-mails!!!!

Last edited by aceboy44; Dec 23, 2014 at 9:48 am
Old Dec 23, 2014, 11:24 am

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
Originally Posted by aceboy44
Hello every one

I just joined Qatar Airways FF few days ago and it takes a LONG time for them to respond to my e-mails and/or credit my missing miles into my account. Is this natural?

Can I also claim my missing miles on OneWorld alliance airlines which I flew back on October? Or does the 30 days restriction apply on me since I just joined their FF?

I wouldn't be asking these questions if Qatar Airways responded to my e-mails!!!!
Be patient. A retro claim needs to be approved by the operating carrier and can take up to 3 monts...

To your second question:

Originally Posted by Qmiles
>link<

Claims for missing Qmiles can be made for travel completed within 30 days prior to date of joining Privilege Club for new members and up to 180 days from the date of travel for existing members.
Old Dec 26, 2014, 10:29 pm
Suspended

Programs: CX MPO
as someone noted recently you seem intent on going around booking flights and hotels outside of your usual ones, and then nitpicking on irrelevant issues. Having read your latest outburst in CX forum, I wonder if it would be better for you to never leave your comfort zone, that appears to be revolving around EK and Oman Air. I am not sure replying you is useful as well, since as far as I can see you are very unlikey to deviate from your initial statements.
Old Dec 29, 2014, 1:17 pm

Programs: QR Plat, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, IHG Gold
Hello every one

I was patient with QR once and they shafted. My advice is stay on top of their heads. They are very slow to respond to emails, so keep on sending them reminders.
I would not wait for more than 30 to 45 days for a retro claim cause then they are going to tell you that its out of bounds. Happened to me.
Old Dec 30, 2014, 8:27 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Sky Fly
I was patient with QR once and they shafted. My advice is stay on top of their heads. They are very slow to respond to emails, so keep on sending them reminders.
I would not wait for more than 30 to 45 days for a retro claim cause then they are going to tell you that its out of bounds. Happened to me.
It is because of this practice I intend to stay with Emirates Skywards program. All of my e-mails are responded to me in a prompt speed. Some of my e-mails to EK are even responded on the same day! For my FF I see no other competitor to Emirates (they are my favorite airlines)

Until now my miles onboard Cathay Pacific are still not credited in my Privilage Club account
Old Dec 31, 2014, 1:04 am

It is because of this practice I intend to stay with Emirates Skywards program. All of my e-mails are responded to me in a prompt speed. Some of my e-mails to EK are even responded on the same day! For my FF I see no other competitor to Emirates (they are my favorite airlines)

Until now my miles onboard Cathay Pacific are still not credited in my Privilage Club account
So my advice is to call them. That might accelerate the process.

Emirates is a much more mature airline compared to QR in terms of processes and systems. Its much easier to deal with, that's for sure.
Nevertheless, I do think that QR's J class and DOH lounge are superior to EK's. EK is way too crowded and massive of an airline. Its getting uncomfortable.
Old Jan 2, 2015, 10:14 pm
Original Poster

Do I get Qpoints (not Qmiles) if I fly on partner airlines or must I fly exclusively with Qatar Airways to earn Qpoints for tier miles?
Old Jan 2, 2015, 11:25 pm

Do I get Qpoints (not Qmiles) if I fly on partner airlines or must I fly exclusively with Qatar Airways to earn Qpoints for tier miles?
http://www.qatarairways.com/Privileg...nts%20new.page
Old Jan 3, 2015, 4:15 am
Original Poster

Thank you so much for the link

I was just trying to book a flight with Royal Jordanian (member of oneworld alliance.) Apparently they do not have Qatar Airways as their frequent flyer thing

How can I get qpoints on Royal Jordanian flights?
Old Jan 3, 2015, 7:14 am

Thank you so much for the link

I was just trying to book a flight with Royal Jordanian (member of oneworld alliance.) Apparently they do not have Qatar Airways as their frequent flyer thing

How can I get qpoints on Royal Jordanian flights?
Yes, you do receive Qpoints AND Qmiles for flights on RJ, if you provide RJ with your QR privilege club number. I do believe that they count towards your status, as has been the case with me. But there's this note on the PC website tier calculator page (when hovering on the ? icon): "Qpoints earned on flights marked or operated by Qatar Airways". This should mean that you shouldn't earn Qpoints, pretty confusing.

Anyways, as a previous RJ Gold myself, now down to Silver, hoping to quit RJ altogether...my suggestion to you is: if you plan on traveling QR in the future, then bank all your RJ points on QR PC. They provide a much higher return than RJ.
One of RJ' key problems, besides its financial issues, is that you are now required an M class to upgrade with Royal Plus points, thus greatly devaluating Royal Plus points value to borderline useless.

RJ = Royal Jordanian
QR = Qatar Airways
PC = Qatar Airways Privilege Club
Old Jan 3, 2015, 11:19 am
Original Poster

They do not have Qatar Airways listed on their FF program when I was booking online, so I'm unable to provide them with my ff number. I'm booking business class so I definitely do not want to miss Qpoints.

Can I present my ff number upon check-in to get my points/miles?
Old Jan 3, 2015, 11:38 am

They do not have Qatar Airways listed on their FF program when I was booking online, so I'm unable to provide them with my ff number. I'm booking business class so I definitely do not want to miss Qpoints.

Can I present my ff number upon check-in to get my points/miles?
Not sure about RJ's website, but I can tell you that I flew in November or December 2014 and they were happy to accept my QR FF number at check-in. After which the number was listed on my boarding pass.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.