Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Qmiles transferable to AA?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2014, 1:15 pm
Original Poster

Arrow Qmiles transferable to AA?

Could someone please tell me how can I transfer Qmiles to AA or vice versa? What are the fees associated?

If I have miles on both, can those be combined? I could not find any web link to do so; would I need to call them for that?
Old Nov 11, 2014, 1:18 pm

Originally Posted by wesshere
Could someone please tell me how can I transfer Qmiles to AA or vice versa? What are the fees associated?

If I have miles on both, can those be combined? I could not find any web link to do so; would I need to call them for that?
Sorry, you can't transfer miles between airline programs. Only way is if you find somebody to "trade" with. Good luck.
Old Nov 11, 2014, 1:30 pm
Original Poster

But I can use AA miles to book flights on Qatar?
Old Nov 11, 2014, 1:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

wesshere Welcome to the forum

Generally you cannot transfer miles between airline programs. A very few ffp's allow transfer to a hotel loyalty programme. And there is www.points.com. But in both cases the conversion rate is horrendous. And 1 mile in one airline ffp does not have the same value as 1 mile in another ffp (just like currencies are not equal)

Just use what you have before they expire.
Old Nov 11, 2014, 1:32 pm

But I can use AA miles to book flights on Qatar?
Yep, you sure can. And you can use Qatar Miles to book American. You just can't combine the miles from the separate programs unfortunately.
Old Nov 11, 2014, 1:43 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
wesshere Welcome to the forum

Generally you cannot transfer miles between airline programs. A very few ffp's allow transfer to a hotel loyalty programme. And there is www.points.com. But in both cases the conversion rate is horrendous. And 1 mile in one airline ffp does not have the same value as 1 mile in another ffp (just like currencies are not equal)

Just use what you have before they expire.
Yeah, the reason I'm asking these questions here is due to Points.com's rates and fee on top of it. Costs too much.
Old Nov 11, 2014, 1:45 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by isaifan
Yep, you sure can. And you can use Qatar Miles to book American. You just can't combine the miles from the separate programs unfortunately.
Question is.. how? Any link? Or do I need to call them for this?
Old Nov 11, 2014, 2:15 pm

Question is.. how? Any link? Or do I need to call them for this?
Yes, for redemptions on Qatar Airways using American miles, you will need to call American. If you would like, you can search for Qatar Airways award availability using the British Airways website. Just search segment by segment. In my experience, American sees the same availability as British Airways. Good Luck.
Old Nov 24, 2014, 10:14 am

Programs: United, Qatar Airways, SPG
Are you looking to get Qmiles for your AA miles? If so, I have Qmiles and need to fly west which is not great with Qmiles but much better for AA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.