Search

no longer 5* ?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2014, 6:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, BA, QR
Thumbs down no longer 5* ?

flew ord - doh - blr a few days ago in j and my first time at hia

the menu from ord to doh no longer has their celebrity chef menu/entrees and the food i eat was not their 5* quality - either in variety or taste. surprisingly the doh - blr flight had some celebrity chef entrees and what i had was excellent

hia was a zoo - felt very insecure given how little screening was going on - the 5* hotels in india do a better (polite and thorough) job of screening their guests than i observed at dia - i think others have posted about the same - is the screening just a formality since it is transit paxs?

the business class lounge was a let down, weird layout, poor lighting, the only plus was there were lots of (semi) private seating areas - i was expecting it to be on the lines of dxb ek j lounge given all the hype

the boarding was a bigger zoo - no dedicated j line - took 20 mins to board after the gate agent told me business class was boarding

i guess i had high expectations given the delays and $10 billion (or was it $15 b) it cost
Old Oct 19, 2014, 1:16 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Lifetime Bonvoy Platinum, HHonors Gold , TK Gold, MH Plat, QR Plat
I never recalled celebrity chef meals from stations outside DOH
The lounge is nice although EK new lounges are better with their recliners...the airline seats itself was horrid tho
Agree they need to work more on elite / j class boarding at DOH....no effort made at all! Shameful

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.