Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

A/C change, much worse C-product, what can I do?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2014, 9:55 am
Original Poster

I have booked a QR oneway back in June for end of October. Business Class though BA Exec Club. The first leg was confirmed on a 787, the second on a 77W. I had intentionally booked this connection because of the aircraft types because of the better C-product.

A few weeks later they changed the 77W to A321 ... i.e. no lie-flat beds, no space etc. anymore on this leg.
Two days ago they have now also changed the 787 flight to the A332 ... again worse product, e.g. no lie-flat, no single seat.

Anyone had the same experience? What can I do? Would QR rebook me onto another connection with the desired aircraft free of charge?

I am really upset because I pay the same while they deliver me a far worse overall flight experience. That can not be right.

Thanks for any advice!
Old Sep 30, 2014, 10:25 am

Programs: QR Gold
Originally Posted by Donegal
I have booked a QR oneway back in June for end of October. Business Class though BA Exec Club. The first leg was confirmed on a 787, the second on a 77W. I had intentionally booked this connection because of the aircraft types because of the better C-product.

A few weeks later they changed the 77W to A321 ... i.e. no lie-flat beds, no space etc. anymore on this leg.
Two days ago they have now also changed the 787 flight to the A332 ... again worse product, e.g. no lie-flat, no single seat.

Anyone had the same experience? What can I do? Would QR rebook me onto another connection with the desired aircraft free of charge?

I am really upset because I pay the same while they deliver me a far worse overall flight experience. That can not be right.

Thanks for any advice!

Where are you going? Its not common to change from 787 to 77W to A321
Old Oct 2, 2014, 5:40 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by QatarA340
Where are you going? Its not common to change from 787 to 77W to A321
MUC-DOH Changed from 787 to 332
DOH-CMB Changed from 77W to 321

Not amused.
Old Oct 3, 2014, 5:29 am

Programs: QR Silver
I don't suppose there is anything you can do, as their job is to get your from point A to point B. You may file a complaint with customer service, but from previous personal experience and that of other forum members, I donæt think you should get your hopes too high. Or am I wrong?
Old Oct 3, 2014, 6:42 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: QR Privilege Club Gold; Accor LeClub Platinum
Originally Posted by SAA340
Or am I wrong?
I think you are right. Airlines can do equipment swaps for whatever reason. They don't owe you anything in that regard.. You pay for the route, not the plane. But I don't know if QR would be willing to give a bit of compensation (a few miles, or maybe travel vouchers) if you're high status and insist
Old Oct 4, 2014, 12:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
50$ change or cancellation fee should take care of the issue.
Old Oct 7, 2014, 1:46 pm
Original Poster

Thanks to all.

Have called them ... they couldn't care less. Very unprofessional, no understanding ... no empathy ... not even thinking about a solution ... no 5 stars - not even 1.

I have learned my lesson and will not trust them anymore - will always expect the worst a/c that could do the distance. Based on that I will buy or not.

I have cancelled the flights on this occassion.

Summary: Imagine you order a BMW 5 series because of the new engine, the great seats, the extra space etc. Then you come to collect it and the dealer says: here is your BMW 3 series. Would anyone ever accept that? For the same price? For 50$ extra? Don't think so.
Old Oct 8, 2014, 1:23 am

Programs: OWP, *G, IHG Spire, HH Diam., McD FF Plat.
If I recall correctly, DOH-CMB has three flights. It used to be that 2 are 321 and the other 77W. Were you put on a different flight or has it now becuase 3 x 321?
Old Oct 8, 2014, 4:43 am

Programs: QR Gold / OW Sapphire, Le Club Accor Gold, Shangri La Jade
Originally Posted by Gemba
If I recall correctly, DOH-CMB has three flights. It used to be that 2 are 321 and the other 77W. Were you put on a different flight or has it now becuase 3 x 321?
There are three daily QR flights on the DOH-CMB route. I am booked on QR662 for end of November which is presently listed as a 77W.

Flightradar24 lists QR662 as having being operating with a 77W for the past four months. The other two flights (660 and 658) have been running with an A320 and a A321 for the same period, respectively.

When was OP scheduled to fly and on which flight?
Old Oct 10, 2014, 10:12 am

Programs: M&M FQT, BA G, Bonvoy LTT, WoH GLOB

I know it doesn't help, but I flew WAW-DOH recently on a 320 with a cradle seat in C. Ironically DOH-AUH-DOH had the new 320 flat bed, only to fly onto TXL on a worn-out 332.

I was very underwhelmed and will await product consistency before trying again. The lack of F lounge at DOH didn't help.
Old Oct 10, 2014, 1:34 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TG Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Plat
Common occurrence on RJ. It even happens on rare occasions on BA. It happens.
At least it was Avios which you can cancel as oppose a discounted cash fare which you cannot.

No airline in the world guarantees a particular plane type for a particular flight.
Old Oct 13, 2014, 6:54 am

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
Equipment change has to be one area where QR has room for improvement.

This past Saturday Mrs PtF and I flew QR1303 DOH-CAI (J, operating as F); connecting from QR016 LHR-DOH.

At the time of booking my flight (seven weeks prior to travel) it was showing as being operated by a B773. A couple of weeks later this changed to an A346. By the time I checked-in on line on Thursday morning, it had changed to an A333. When we arrived at the gate on Saturday morning, it had changed to an A346 again!

The main problem for my wife and I was the fact that we were travelling on two separate booking references, so trying to maintain seats together was a headache.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.