Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Good DOH airport area hotel

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2014, 2:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: QR Platinum (Oneworld Emerald), AZ Freccia Alata (Skyteam Gold), Shangri-La GC (Jade)
Good DOH airport area hotel

I am looking for two nice stopover hotels not too far from the airport.Not the Oryx though.

My flight ex-doha is at 7:10am and I don't want to leave too early. So the closer, the better. Looking for a nice pool too.

Is the airport hotel located after immigration or before?

Thanks
Old Sep 20, 2014, 2:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
The Marriott and Sharq both have excellent pools and are not too far from the airport. If you are arriving late, say after 9pm, the pool may not be open.
Old Sep 20, 2014, 4:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: QR Platinum (Oneworld Emerald), AZ Freccia Alata (Skyteam Gold), Shangri-La GC (Jade)
Originally Posted by Sixth Freedom
The Marriott and Sharq both have excellent pools and are not too far from the airport. If you are arriving late, say after 9pm, the pool may not be open.
I was actually considering the Sharq! I'll be arriving at noon and flying out next morning, so it's going to be fine! Thanks for the tip!
Old Sep 20, 2014, 6:57 am

Programs: QR Gold
Originally Posted by wandering_persian
I was actually considering the Sharq! I'll be arriving at noon and flying out next morning, so it's going to be fine! Thanks for the tip!
Al-Sharq is much better. Its managed by the Ritz Carlton, and its rooms are designed to in sort of outside villa clusters. I used to love plane spotting here as it is point blank in the end of the runway of the old DOH. Sort of like the Princess Juliana Airport of the Gulf. lol

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.