Wiki Posts
Search

OLCI and Codeshare

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2014, 3:35 pm
Original Poster

OLCI and Codeshare

OLCI and Codeshare
If you are connecting to QR5801 in Doha then DON'T use OLCI unless you wish to give yourself problems.
OLCI does not work for QR5801! Probably not for any codeshare flights but my only experience is connecting to QR5801 and QR5800.
I tried and I could only check-in to Doha, not all the way to Hong Kong! The boarding pass said very clearly 'Doha Arrivals'. Thus I would have to queue at the transfer desk in HIA and get my next boarding pass. My baggage – Who knows? Probably sitting in the arrivals hall in Doha waiting for me to collect it. It took all morning for the local offices airport staff to sort it out and check me in all the way to Hong Kong. Had I not read the boarding pass and if the check-in staff were only doing the bare minimum of issuing boarding passes then I would have had all sorts of problems.

On the return I used the CX OLCI and it worked perfectly all the way home, also for the QR connecting flight, whilst QR would only let me check-in for the connecting flight from Doha.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.