Wiki Posts
Search

Privilege Club Status Extension Question

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2014, 2:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CX MPC GR, EK Skywards BL, QR Privelege Club SL
Privilege Club Status Extension Question

I am currently a Silver member, may I ask whether anyone knows if it is generally/usually possible to extend earning period by a short time (e.g. two weeks) in order to renew my status?

Basically, I achieved Silver on 27 Sep 2013, and membership period will expire 3 Oct 2014. So, I'll need to earn 140 Qpoints by 27 Sep 2014 to keep Silver. However, by 27 Sep this year I will only have earned 132 Qpoints which is slightly short of the renewal requirement, but I have a confirmed itinerary which will earn me another 42 Qpoints on 5 Oct 2014, two days after my membership expires. (However, I'm flying on a OW partner airline so the Qpoints may not register immediately). Also, by 5 Oct 2014, I will have just lost 45 Qpoints on 27 Sep 2014, because I earned these on 27 Sep 2013.

May I know whether anyone has attempted requesting for an extension for earning and whether if I'll be able to keep my Silver status for another year? I know that some airlines are quite willing to do that, but not sure what's the case with QR. I've already written to Privilege Club but they don't quite seem to understand the problem.

Thank you so much for your help!

Last edited by wtjulianchan; Aug 17, 2014 at 10:02 pm
Old Aug 17, 2014, 4:19 pm

Programs: QR Platinum; A3 Gold
You probably would lose your silver status by a few days, then regain the silver status again by achieving > 150 pts after 05 Oct 14. Previously I flew on JAL and the Qpt was booked as the date of crediting, not the date of flight. So it would probably turn out that your new qualifying date would be in middle of October then on.
Old Aug 17, 2014, 9:54 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hiroaki27
You probably would lose your silver status by a few days, then regain the silver status again by achieving > 150 pts after 05 Oct 14. Previously I flew on JAL and the Qpt was booked as the date of crediting, not the date of flight. So it would probably turn out that your new qualifying date would be in middle of October then on.
Thanks for your reply. Aaah forgot to mention that I will actually be losing 45 Qpoints on 27 Sep 2014 because I earned 45 Qpoints in 27 Sep 2013. This means that by 5 Oct 2014 I'll be 11 Qpoints off renewing Silver. Hence my concern.
Old Aug 18, 2014, 12:05 am

They use the last 24 months to renew current status. If you log in to your account, go to "My Calculator" and the select "Tier Calculator" and scroll down, you'll see just exactly what you need and by when. You may be pleasantly surprised!
Old Aug 18, 2014, 7:58 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Skoodledoo
They use the last 24 months to renew current status. If you log in to your account, go to "My Calculator" and the select "Tier Calculator" and scroll down, you'll see just exactly what you need and by when. You may be pleasantly surprised!
Thank you so much for your help and the link, you're right I didn't properly understand the 24-month thing but now that I do, I've realised that I will definitely have achieved 280 Qpoints by 5 Oct 2014 if I add up the Qpoints I've earned since Oct 2012 during this 24-month period, so I'll be able to keep my Silver.

And yes, as hiroaki27 said, I will lose Silver for literally just two days before I will "regain" it again.
Old Aug 18, 2014, 1:51 pm

Programs: QR Platinum, WY Gold, Shangri-la Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by wtjulianchan
Thank you so much for your help and the link, you're right I didn't properly understand the 24-month thing but now that I do, I've realised that I will definitely have achieved 280 Qpoints by 5 Oct 2014 if I add up the Qpoints I've earned since Oct 2012 during this 24-month period, so I'll be able to keep my Silver.

And yes, as hiroaki27 said, I will lose Silver for literally just two days before I will "regain" it again.
I'm not actually sure if the 24 months will apply if you first lose your status... I've always understood it is meant to be for renewing status. I hope I'm wrong here - and don't want to be the voice of doom and gloom - but please be sure this is the case before allowing your status to expire.

Anyone have any better insight than me? Please tell me I'm wrong!
Old Aug 18, 2014, 3:00 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by purple1addict
I'm not actually sure if the 24 months will apply if you first lose your status... I've always understood it is meant to be for renewing status. I hope I'm wrong here - and don't want to be the voice of doom and gloom - but please be sure this is the case before allowing your status to expire.

Anyone have any better insight than me? Please tell me I'm wrong!
Hmm, thanks for pointing that out, although it now makes me rather worried. For my case, I'll actually earn over 300 Qpoints between 5 Oct 2012 and 5 Oct 2014 which should in theory allow me to re-earn Silver "from scratch" (plus they should be able to see this on their record if I need to persuade them in the end) but as you mentioned, I don't know if something like that exists and I'd be extremely frustrated if I genuinely lose the status just because of those two extra days after the renewal date.

Last edited by wtjulianchan; Aug 18, 2014 at 3:08 pm
Old Aug 22, 2014, 6:25 pm
Original Poster

I apologize for pushing this post back to the top, may I ask could anybody help me at all with this? I've written to Privilege Club a couple of times but they never got back to me and if some of you could give me more assistance I would really appreciate it. Thank you!
Old Aug 23, 2014, 12:40 am

Programs: QR Gold, BAEC, Marriott Rewards Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by wtjulianchan
I apologize for pushing this post back to the top, may I ask could anybody help me at all with this? I've written to Privilege Club a couple of times but they never got back to me and if some of you could give me more assistance I would really appreciate it. Thank you!
Have a look at this;

http://www.qatarairways.com/Privileg...frenthresholds

For renewal you have to earn 140 QPoints in the last 12 months or 280 QPoints in the last 24 months before your Silver card renewal date.

Looks like you may struggle, but all is not lost. A couple of years ago I was 4 points short of initial qualification for Gold but they still 'promoted' me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.