Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Qatar Changed schedule: 10 minute connection at ORD.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2014, 1:10 pm
Original Poster

First of all, hello to the flyertalk community. Feels great to be a part of such a great community. It's my first thread, so I hope you will cut some slack for me. But anyways getting to the point, I booked a round trip (Aug'14 -Dec'14) DEL-DOH-ORD-DSM and DSM-ORD-DOH-DEL. Qatar has changed the schedule of this trip 3-4 times since the time of booking, but since they were minor changes, I didn't have any problem. But yesterday they changed the schedule of ORD-DOH (December trip) and now I have a connection time of 10 minutes at ORD. This is the first time I have booked with Qatar, and considering the regular schedule changes, I am regretting my decision to book with them instead of going with my regular United. Any advice on what to do?

Also I didn't book the trip directly on Qatar site.

Last edited by Neon101; Aug 16, 2014 at 1:24 pm
Old Aug 16, 2014, 1:22 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, Delta Skymiles, Priority Club Gold
Smile ord dsm

it looks like there are flights every 60-90 mins to dsm from ord, contact ta and they should rebook you
Old Aug 16, 2014, 2:12 pm

Programs: American, Delta, JetBlue, United
jfisher21's advice is correct. But you may also wish to check the DSM-ORD schedule online before you contact the agent, so that you will know what flight you wish to take.
Old Aug 16, 2014, 3:18 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
This is the TA's problem to sort. Just figure out what you want, call the TA and have them sort it. The connection is, of course, way below the MCT.

I am correctly presuming that you are on one ticket xDSM?
Old Aug 16, 2014, 5:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by Neon101
First of all, hello to the flyertalk community. Feels great to be a part of such a great community. It's my first thread, so I hope you will cut some slack for me. But anyways getting to the point, I booked a round trip (Aug'14 -Dec'14) DEL-DOH-ORD-DSM and DSM-ORD-DOH-DEL. Qatar has changed the schedule of this trip 3-4 times since the time of booking, but since they were minor changes, I didn't have any problem. But yesterday they changed the schedule of ORD-DOH (December trip) and now I have a connection time of 10 minutes at ORD. This is the first time I have booked with Qatar, and considering the regular schedule changes, I am regretting my decision to book with them instead of going with my regular United. Any advice on what to do?

Also I didn't book the trip directly on Qatar site.
Since this question is specifically about booking with Qatar, I'll move it to the Qatar forum where the experts therein can provide further input on dealing with them for rebooking.

Please note this thread originated in the flame-free Information Desk forum.

jackal
Moderator, Information Desk
Old Aug 17, 2014, 2:09 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Often1
This is the TA's problem to sort. Just figure out what you want, call the TA and have them sort it. The connection is, of course, way below the MCT.

I am correctly presuming that you are on one ticket xDSM?
Yep, same PNR.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.