Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

First time flying QR in J and got downgraded

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

First time flying QR in J and got downgraded

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2014, 8:11 am

Programs: HH D,CC,SPG,AZ: Gold;BA Silver, TK Elite
Originally Posted by zehbra
No, that won't happen i guess. I was the only one in C once. Was treated like a king, with all food available especially for me
(Also, what's SPML?)
Thanks for the info!

SPML->Special meal service request code( like VGML->veggie meal, LCML ->low calorie meal, etc. )
http://memorize.com/iata-m4-ssr-codes/captainfletcher
Old Aug 14, 2014, 6:30 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jbalmuth
Did your boarding pass display your OWS status ---- i.e. was your JAL frequent flyer account entered into the record for crediting earned miles?

When downgraded, did they at least assign you a bulkhead or exit row?
My bp showed that I was OWS, however the GA's seemed genuinely surprised to learn that, so idk what happened there...

As for seat assignment, I was given an exit row window, but it seems to me that exit rows on QR's A320's don have any more added legroom and window seats on exit rows have the added benefit of being incredibly thin and hard, and non-reclinable!

The FA's did appear to try to make it up for the mishap though, the whole cabin crew came to my seat one by and and each apologised profusely and all asked if there's anything they could do for me just ask...and I did ask, to every single one of them, and they all responded with, "oh that's no problem, please just ask my colleague later". And surprise surprise, no water in the end.
Old Aug 16, 2014, 1:41 pm

Programs: OWS, QR Gold, Kris, and a few others
Originally Posted by bluegreentravel
Horrible. No excuse for QR. And I'm surprised people are practically blaming the OP for QR's obvious mistake...

To OP - good luck with the fare difference "refund"... As mentioned in this forum a million times - while QR is great in the air, their ground and customer service can be truly terrible.
Does anyone at QR care about the ground and customer service and how bad it is compared to inflight? If everyone knows this why isn't anyone doing anything about it? Does QR have a customer service director or do they just not care? Every complaint just seems to disappear into a black hole in Doha. They are truly incompetent. Do the industry publications that award ratings etc. take notice of our feedback and those of other forums that list a disturbing body of evidence that QR just don't get customer service?
Old Aug 16, 2014, 1:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by BobbySteel
Chargeback to your credit card
Based on what reason? OP has already flown!
Old Aug 21, 2014, 1:38 pm

It nearly happened to me too (end of 2013 CMB-DOH A320). I was asked at check in if I would want to be downgraded. I was very clear that I will not accept it. The supervisor admitted that the J cabin with 12 seats was overbooked with three pax. That is an enormous overbooking rate on the top end of the cabin. It was also terrible for him to find volunteers. Somehow it seems he managed or at least someone else got kicked to the back.
All airlines do overbook but this ratio with such a small J cabin seems unusual. What can be done? Not much but to complain loudly to QR wherever we can. It is simply not acceptable!
Old Aug 22, 2014, 3:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
Based on what reason? OP has already flown!
He paid for a service that was not provided. If he had bought Y and upgrade using miles he'd have no case. Legally they're required to provide the service you've paid for. CC will have no problem refunding the charge.

It's just like buying a product w/ accessory and they only send you the product. You can contact the CC company and they'll issue a refund since the company didn't send you what you paid for.

In this case he didn't buy a Y ticket, the fact they flew him on one doesn't change the fact they entered into a contract for J and failed to provide it.
Old Aug 24, 2014, 11:02 am
formerly ssw207

Programs: BAGld, JLJGC, TK*G, EK-G, HH Dia,IHG Amb-PE, Bonvoy Gd, Shangrila DM
These are the things I would do:

1) Dispute the charge with your credit card company
2) Write formally to QR to file a complaint, with carbon copy to JAL Mileage Bank and OW management stating your oneWorld elite status/privileges were not honored by QR
3) Write to the government authority in charge of civil aviation of your country

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.