Wiki Posts
Search

Qatar Airways slips to #2

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2014, 11:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by QatarA340

To be honest, the important ratings are that of the airlines, not the lounges; I dont think people travel on a certain airline to experience their lounges; well, maybe some of us do; but most people prefer plane product and price.
The lounge is part of the product. An airline has to appeal to a wide range of passenger wants and needs. It's a mistake to generalise from the requirements of a single passenger (e.g. "me") to "most passengers".

If you were right, and passengers were not fussed by lounge access and the amenities they find there, then airlines might well scale back those facilities. Qatar is quite clearly not aiming to do that.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 1:06 am

Programs: QR Gold
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
The lounge is part of the product. An airline has to appeal to a wide range of passenger wants and needs. It's a mistake to generalise from the requirements of a single passenger (e.g. "me") to "most passengers".

If you were right, and passengers were not fussed by lounge access and the amenities they find there, then airlines might well scale back those facilities. Qatar is quite clearly not aiming to do that.
I totally agree with you that lounges are essential; but what I meant is that they are not nessessary decsion-making factors when choosing a particular flight--partly because passengers have a certain expectation when choosing a certain carrier. Its a shame that QR didnt open its lounges on time; however, hopefully, things will change for the better in a few days time.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 7:54 pm

Programs: AC Elite, EY Gold, QR Gold
Originally Posted by QatarA340
I totally agree with you that lounges are essential; but what I meant is that they are not nessessary decsion-making factors when choosing a particular flight--partly because passengers have a certain expectation when choosing a certain carrier. Its a shame that QR didnt open its lounges on time; however, hopefully, things will change for the better in a few days time.
Of course the state of the lounge is an essential part of the decision-making. I started flying Qatar because of the excellent facilities at the old premium terminal. Considering the bus station that the new 'temporary' lounge is, my next two trips will revert to Etihad.

I have no complaints about their on-board product.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.