Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Q Point year start and finish, and missing Qpoints

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Q Point year start and finish, and missing Qpoints

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2014, 1:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC
Unhappy Q Point year start and finish, and missing Qpoints

Hi!

I am currently waiting for some QPoints to post to QR’s Privilege Club (BA metal/IB flight number and ticket). It's taking a looong time (46th day today since the flight) to credit, although some sectors for the middle of the PNR have posted correctly. (I flew 8 sectors on 1 PNR, and sectors #4 and 5 have posted)

The agents at PC seem sincere in answering my frequent emails about it, but ultimately are quite useless in helping and giving firm answers. As the flights I took are not listed on the QCalculator, the PC is unable to tell me how many QPoints I’m due. As there is a merry go round between QR saying BA or IB haven’t given them the flight info and vice versa, I don’t know how many QPoints I should have. Having looked on the QCalculator at how many points IB flights of similar lengths to the BA sectors I took should earn, I should end up with exactly 600 Qpoints. Hurrah, I should be Platinum.

Should

As QR still haven’t told me for sure what the missing BA sectors should earn (in the event they do actually post), I can’t say for sure what my final point balance will be. As such, I was considering a last minute QPoint run on BA. So finally my question:

My first QR flight last year was 29 April 2013. I presume this is when my one year to get 600 Qpoints started. Does this mean that if I fly a BA sector on 28 April 2014 it will count towards my Platinum status? I actually joined QR on 1 May 2013 and retro claimed my first miles if that makes a difference.

And a second question. Does anyone have the contact details you can PM me of someone in QR that can fast track this crediting process? Does anyone know a QR employee of standing? I first asked PC how many QPoints the BA/IB flights would earn back in January. Every time I contact them, they say my enquiry is being processed etc. To me working out the number of QPoints for a particular sector should be fairly easy to work out based on fare class and distance. Why take so damn long?

Thanks!
Old Apr 22, 2014, 1:00 am

Most of your assumptions on what's going to happen are correct. You will probably be Pt. (in the end), but as you already have experienced with QR, it will take a long time to sort out these issues. Attempt to fast track QR PC processes? Dream on ...

But don't stop bugging them. If you do, you will be forgotten for sure ...

Snacky
Old Apr 26, 2014, 10:09 am

Programs: QR Platinum; A3 Gold
I recently earned some Qpoints with partner airline took about ten days from date of flight until the crediting of Qpoints into my account. The point is, the date of Qpaoints earned is shown as the date of crediting and NOT the date of flight on partner airline.

In case of TS, it would be interesting to know if that gives any impact to being upgraded to platinum status.
Old Apr 29, 2014, 8:03 am

Programs: QR Silver
My miles from a recent car hire took 2 days to post, but it took a long time to get them accepted by Hertz though and sent through to QR.
Old Apr 29, 2014, 10:50 pm

Programs: A3 *G, Etihad Gold, LH Miles&More, Virgin Australia, Qatar, Hertz 5*, Best Western Gold
It took me about 20 e-mails with service team to have Qatar credit Qmiles and Qpoints for 4 Qantas flights (after the OW join date). After more than 2-3 months they never posted.. I gave up, and had them post onto my Qantas account.

But because of this I lost out on becoming Silver. I would have had about 160 Qpoints in the last 12 months, but because of their lengthy delays in responding flights of 12 months ago started to lapse, so no chance anymore for status..
Old Jun 11, 2014, 9:52 am

When should I start chasing for the qpoints?
Old Jul 11, 2014, 7:12 am

qpoints on BA flights credited about 1 week after flight time.

i just realised that i will be 4 qpoints away from renewing my gold status, do you think that QR will waive it?
Old Jul 12, 2014, 5:14 am

Programs: QR Gold, BAEC, Marriott Rewards Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by tboons
qpoints on BA flights credited about 1 week after flight time.

i just realised that i will be 4 qpoints away from renewing my gold status, do you think that QR will waive it?
Mrs IM & I were 4 points away from initial qualification a couple of years ago & subsequently upgraded to Gold. Don't suppose re-qualification will be much different. Good luck!
Old Jul 12, 2014, 12:35 pm

Programs: QF LTS WP, Avis Pres Club, HH Diam.
expect nothing, be pleasantly surprised if it happens.
Old Jul 12, 2014, 9:59 pm

Should I write in to PC club?
Old Jul 13, 2014, 3:57 am

Programs: QR Gold, BAEC, Marriott Rewards Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by tboons
Should I write in to PC club?
Why? You don't have the requisite number of QPoints IAW PC rules & so are relying on their good nature (I know, I know...).

If you get lucky good for you, if you don't it's because they've applied the rules as published. Like I said earlier, there's a precedant for this & I do think you'll get lucky!

You have a better chance of qualification than me this year; I'm still waiting for 42 QPoints from a BA/AA J flight last November (6 priority line calls + 7 emails) & 30 from a QR J flight last month (upgraded to F with QCredits & so a N/A sector according to QR, despite paying for J). Ho hum.
Old Jul 13, 2014, 6:05 am

Programs: QR Platinum, WY Gold, Shangri-la Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by impeymac
30 from a QR J flight last month (upgraded to F with QCredits & so a N/A sector according to QR, despite paying for J). Ho hum.
Ouch! That's worryingly inconsistent as others' (including mine) Qcredit upgrades seem to post as per original class booked - which seems fair. Have they indicated you are due the points and miles when you've chased? Good luck!
Old Dec 4, 2016, 7:11 pm

Transferred 20'000 SPG points to Qatar as they had promo with 5'000 bonus, was quoted 45 days for them to show in PC, actually took 3 weeks for the 25'000 pouints to post in PC.

Took flight in Z BKK-KUL-KTM 7 days ago and so far only BKK-KUL credited. Have to say that response from CP team is prety quick usually within 24hrs.
Old Dec 5, 2016, 2:43 am

Originally Posted by purple1addict
Ouch! That's worryingly inconsistent as others' (including mine) Qcredit upgrades seem to post as per original class booked - which seems fair. Have they indicated you are due the points and miles when you've chased? Good luck!
Yes you should get points and miles as per the fare class that you paid for. I've never had a problem with this, whether upgrading using qpoints in advance or at the airport. I took a flight last week, paid Y but upgraded to J using qpoints, and everything credited whilst I was in the air, including some promotional bonus miles.

I would contact them again with a copy of the original paid for eticket.
Old Dec 5, 2016, 4:34 am

Programs: QR Platinum
Originally Posted by Johnnieboy
Yes you should get points and miles as per the fare class that you paid for. I've never had a problem with this, whether upgrading using qpoints in advance or at the airport. I took a flight last week, paid Y but upgraded to J using qpoints, and everything credited whilst I was in the air, including some promotional bonus miles.

I would contact them again with a copy of the original paid for eticket.
You cannot use QPoints for upgrading. They just define your Status. You mean QMiles or QCredits?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.