Search

Paid Upgrade from Y to J at check-in

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2012, 6:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat, UA 1K, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold
Paid Upgrade from Y to J at check-in

Dear fellow Fter's

I have never flown QR before, but does anyone know if they do paid upgrades at check-in? I am only flying Y. The airports I shall shall be checking in at are DXB and LHR?

Happy travels
Old Sep 6, 2012, 8:05 am

Programs: Privilege Club
Hi Chrismcduff,

Please check the rate with the reservation office of the city of departure if therer is information for the upgrade rate at the counter upon check in.

In my experience, the upgrade at the counter permit only the origin to Doha only and not applicable with flight which destination is in GCC country.

Best regards,
Alex @ The Qatar Airways Community.
Old Sep 7, 2012, 9:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by chrismcduff
Dear fellow Fter's

I have never flown QR before, but does anyone know if they do paid upgrades at check-in? I am only flying Y. The airports I shall shall be checking in at are DXB and LHR?

Happy travels
It will be cheaper and less hassle if you do the upgrade with your travel agent or QR res as there are many fares that can gve you such options. But if you do so at the airport, your oneway will probably end up costing more than the entire DXB-LHR ticket!

QR does not do 'cheap' upgrades at the airport in my experience.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.