Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Can I get Premium Terminal Access?" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2012, 8:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriott Titanium

I am arriving into DOH on UA F on the flight from DXB (11/23), have a layover of 6 hours then departing on a QR flight on an A319. As the A319 has only 2 classes of service, will I be still allowed to use the Premium Terminal as a F passenger? It is about the same for the return.

Thanks
Old Apr 20, 2012, 1:02 am

Programs: EBS, EY Gold Eite, EK Gold, QR Platinum, Accor Gold
QR still operates F on 319 flights to some regional destinations. If your ticket is in F you go to the F side in PT. So you find the answer to your q in your ticket.
Old Apr 26, 2012, 4:53 pm

If your ticket says First Class on Qatar Airways metal, then yes.
Old Jun 19, 2012, 2:07 pm

Programs: UA 1p, GF Gold, EK
If I'm arriving qatar F, but leaving on lufthansa C, will I still be able to access the F part of the terminal?

Thanks
Old Jun 19, 2012, 2:21 pm

Programs: EBS, EY Gold Eite, EK Gold, QR Platinum, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by i7654
If I'm arriving qatar F, but leaving on lufthansa C, will I still be able to access the F part of the terminal?

Thanks
If departing on a LH flight you will not be given access to PT at all. PT is only for QR departing flights.
Old Jun 20, 2012, 5:50 am

Programs: UA 1p, GF Gold, EK
Originally Posted by RUN4FUN
If departing on a LH flight you will not be given access to PT at all. PT is only for QR departing flights.
thanks for the info
Old Jun 20, 2012, 8:39 am

Programs: Privilege Club
Originally Posted by SEA777GUY
I am arriving into DOH on UA F on the flight from DXB (11/23), have a layover of 6 hours then departing on a QR flight on an A319. As the A319 has only 2 classes of service, will I be still allowed to use the Premium Terminal as a F passenger? It is about the same for the return.

Thanks
You will be allowed to use the Premium terminal since your departure flight is a first-class cabin operated by Qatar Airways.
Old Jul 24, 2012, 4:26 pm

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
If I'm arriving in C from IAH-DOH and connecting in Y for the short leg to DXB, will I have access to the business class lounge in the Premium Terminal? I have the same situation on the return (DXB-DOH in Y, DOH-IAH in C) but that seems like a clear yes since DOH-IAH will be in C.
Old Jul 24, 2012, 10:57 pm

Programs: QR PC Silver, FlySmiles, Skywards
You will only have access to Premium Terminal when you fly out of Doha on a Qatar Airways flight in F or C.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 1:57 pm

Premium Terminal Access

Guys, I am travelling

AMD to DOH - Qatar Business
DOH to DXB. - United First

I have a 14 hour layover @ DOH. Would I have access to Premium Terminal since I am travelling AMD to DOH in Business?
Old Aug 15, 2012, 2:10 pm
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: UA1K, *G & Wife of UA1K MM
From my own research....unfortunately no. You would have to be departing on Qatar. There is no *A lounge either. You can pay about $40 to access the Oryx lounge.
Old Aug 16, 2012, 6:17 pm

Programs: Qatar, Qantas club, Enrich, Skywards
We leave in 2 weeks business class on Qatar for the first time, so just browsing Qatar's web site found this on their Lounges page
"For Privilege Club Gold members and first and business class passengers on any airline, the Oryx Lounge provides the perfect environment to work, relax, and freshen up."
It does not mention having to pay for access if flying business class with another airline so you may hopefully be OK. It would be tough to not have any lounge access included with a business class fare.
Old Aug 17, 2012, 11:44 am

Programs: UA MM/1P, EK Au, QR, TK, Marriott Life Ti, Hilton Dia, IC Dia, Hyatt Glob, Accor Pt, Shangri-La
Originally Posted by aussienanna
We leave in 2 weeks business class on Qatar for the first time, so just browsing Qatar's web site found this on their Lounges page
"For Privilege Club Gold members and first and business class passengers on any airline, the Oryx Lounge provides the perfect environment to work, relax, and freshen up."
It does not mention having to pay for access if flying business class with another airline so you may hopefully be OK. It would be tough to not have any lounge access included with a business class fare.
If you're flying in a United premium cabin, you will get access to the Oryx lounge at no cost.

You should also get access as Star Gold if flying in Y -- I have always gotten access when flying TK, MS, or LH Y as UA*G.

As for the questions about the Premium Terminal, it's really not complicated: you get access to the Premium Terminal business class side if you are departing DOH in QR business class, and to the Premium Terminal first class side if you departing DOH in QR first class. This is the case for either revenue or award tickets. It's true that the forward cabin of two-cabin aircraft is sometimes called business and sometimes called first, so that's a fair question, but, as of now, it's irrelevant what airline and class of service on which you arrive to DOH.
Old Aug 22, 2012, 4:35 pm
Suspended

Programs: Many
I am arriving QR J from CDG and departing on QR to TBS. It is a 2-cabin plane to TBS, will this be J or F side access in the premium terminal? Also, as my layover is 7 hours, will it be possible to leave my carry-on bags in the premium terminal, go into Doha for a bit, then return to the lounge before my flight?
Old Aug 24, 2012, 11:44 am

Programs: UA MM/1P, EK Au, QR, TK, Marriott Life Ti, Hilton Dia, IC Dia, Hyatt Glob, Accor Pt, Shangri-La
Originally Posted by GetSetJetSet
I am arriving QR J from CDG and departing on QR to TBS. It is a 2-cabin plane to TBS, will this be J or F side access in the premium terminal? Also, as my layover is 7 hours, will it be possible to leave my carry-on bags in the premium terminal, go into Doha for a bit, then return to the lounge before my flight?
As for your flight to TBS, it depends whether it's marketed as J or F. Most likely J -- it should say on your itinerary.

As for your second question, there is no practical way to do this. One problem is that there is no inbound immigration at the premium terminal. You'd have to convince the guys at the premium terminal to let you take the bus back to the arrivals terminal and go through immgration there. (You could play dumb, hide your TBS boarding pass, and say that you came to the premium terminal accidentally from your J flight but really want to enter Qatar.) It might be possible. Please let us know if this works!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.