Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Qatar Airways first class routes?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2011, 3:05 am
Original Poster

Question Qatar Airways first class routes?

Hi

Do anyone know on what routes it is possible to fly in first class with Qatar?

Is it just DOH-LHR?
Old Jul 28, 2011, 3:18 am

Programs: Skywards Gold, Etihad Gold
An actual First Class Seat you can choose from

DOH-LHR/DOH (340, 330 200,330 300)

DOH-CDG/DOH (340)

DOH-MUC/DOH (330-200)

Qatar Airways also strangely offers first class travel in a Business class seat in the middle east and beyond. I know you will be able to use their first class lounge/chauffeur service at Doha, but not sure if you receive a first class food menu. In some of those cases I would just stick with business class, especially on their 777 routes, because I sat in 340 in first once and felt 777 seat is on par with first. Hope this helps.

Last edited by lightyear40; Jul 28, 2011 at 3:45 am
Old Jul 28, 2011, 3:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
FRA also gets the odd F class flights too.
Old Jul 28, 2011, 7:56 am
Original Poster

Thanks

To bad it isn`t possible to fly "real" first class farther than Doha when I travel east.

What would you think would be the best option. Fly LHR-DOH-SIN (first-business) or SIN-DOH-LHR (business-first)

Or would it be the same experience in DOH
Old Jul 28, 2011, 10:28 am

Doha premium terminal is the same regardless of first class or business class.I suggest you do lhr-doh-sin.
Old Jul 28, 2011, 10:57 am
Original Poster

Ok

So the only difference between first- and business class on the ground in DOH is that you get a BMW or a bus to/from the plane?

And in the air you get better service/food/drink, but the seats are almost the same on both classes

thanks again for info
Old Jul 28, 2011, 12:46 pm

Programs: QR Gold, BAEC, Marriott Rewards Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by QR001
Doha premium terminal is the same regardless of first class or business class.I suggest you do lhr-doh-sin.
That's not quite true!

The First class part of of the PT has a spa area including bedrooms (if your transit is long enough & a bedroom is vacant), jacuzzi & sauna, all free of charge. There are also 'traditional' spa offerings, massages etc, but these require payment. The food options & service are generally better, but that's open to opinion of course.

You get access to the First class lounge & facilities if your departing flight is in first, so if you want the above plus the limo transfer to the aircraft then arrange your flights accordingly.
Old Jul 28, 2011, 1:15 pm

Sorry,didnt know that first class had certain priviledges in the premium terminal.I thought since qr are phasing out 1st class and concentrating on business class meant that there wasnt much of a difference.Thanks for the info anyway.
Old Jul 28, 2011, 1:21 pm

Guys this is random..but arent qatar refurbishing their first class fleet to contain only business class and economy?or are they keeping this fleet?i think its 1 A330 in this configuration(im not sure) and the A346.And any idea if they will be keeping their A346?heard that they were to be withdrawn from the qr fleet.
Old Jul 29, 2011, 3:31 am

Programs: Skywards Gold, Etihad Gold
Guys this is random..but arent qatar refurbishing their first class fleet to contain only business class and economy?or are they keeping this fleet?i think its 1 A330 in this configuration(im not sure) and the A346.And any idea if they will be keeping their A346?heard that they were to be withdrawn from the qr fleet.
I understand Qatar is going to phase out First Class in their 340,330 and replace those current seats with business class seats only. Those destinations that currently have First Class routes will then see the introduction of the 380 Airbus that will contain a brand new seat in both first and business class. I understand those seats are one of the closiest guarded secrets around, because other airlines are so desperate to get their hands on Qatar's design. Of course these changes will take some time due to the delay of the 380 and even when they receive their first aircraft it will only be placed on short haul flights to enable the flight crew and pilots to get used to the aircraft. The new airport opening next year will also have its own dedicated first class lounge so Qater have indeed done a u turn from their original idea of phasing out First just before their new airport was due to be finished.

In relation to the 340 it will be leased or sold off, because from a fuel cost perspective it is a very costly aircraft to run. I assume this will be replaced by the dreamliner once it finally sees the light of day.

I think these are very interesting time for Qatar Airways, because once they get their whole fleet in place they will certainly leave their competitors for dead. If that is a good thing or bad thing we will just have to wait and see.

Last edited by lightyear40; Jul 29, 2011 at 3:50 am
Old Jul 29, 2011, 7:41 am

lightyear40,thanks for the informative thread.Haha,do you think they will leave emirates dead?they seem to be competing neck to neck.Will the dreamliners be delivered first or will it be the A380?As you had said,these are exciting times indeed.
Old Jul 29, 2011, 9:10 am

Programs: FB, MM, QM, ES, KF & LP / HH, HGP & SPG
lightyear40,thanks for the informative thread.Haha,do you think they will leave emirates dead?they seem to be competing neck to neck.Will the dreamliners be delivered first or will it be the A380?As you had said,these are exciting times indeed.
Boeing states that QR will get their first 787-8 by the end of the year.
OR is among the best customers for Boeing these days (top 7 in line for the new 787) so I'm guessing that Boeing will try to keep them happy.
First A380 is listed to be delivered to QR by next year. The first one will be no. 127 and only 69 were produced so far... but it may well be next year.
Old Jul 29, 2011, 12:03 pm

Thanks for the info!
Old Aug 8, 2011, 11:21 am

Programs: EVA Air , * G, QR Privilege Club S
They started their flights to Montreal but it is a pity that there is no first class on these.
I normally fly QR to LHR and then connect on AC to Canada. The only thing I like about AC is their individual business class seats. This gives a lot of privacy and was hoping that QR would also do the same but it seems that is going to be the 2-2 seats in business all the way.
Old Aug 9, 2011, 4:53 am

i dont think its a pity because their business product on the 777 is superior to other airlines first class.They have the best business class seat in the world

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.