Search
Old Jun 4, 2013, 1:53 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lost_in_translation
*Reboot as of February 2023 by lost_in_translation*

Information on QR lounge access across the globe, can be found here:

http://www.qatarairways.com/global/e...d-lounges.page

QR-operated outstation lounges
The QR Bangkok (BKK) Premium Lounge: Opened in 2018. Discussed on FT here. Access is restricted to departing passengers ticketed in oneworld J or F. Access is not permitted if flying on a QR Business Lite (P) fare. No guests.
The QR Beirut Airport (BEY) Premium Lounge: Opened in 2018. Covered on the QR website here and discussed on FT here. Access is restricted to departing passengers ticketed in oneworld J or F. Access is not permitted if flying on a QR Business Lite (P) fare. No guests. [NOTE: rules were previously that only QR passengers, including those with status, could access the BEY Premium Lounge. However, status passengers may now be directed to the MEA Cedar Lounge.]
The QR London Heathrow (LHR) Premium Lounge: Opened in 2012 as the first QR Premium Lounge, located in Terminal 4. Covered on the QR website here and discussed on FT here. Access is restricted to departing passengers ticketed in oneworld J or F. Access is not permitted if flying on a QR Business Lite (P) fare. No guests.
The QR London Heathrow (LHR) Frequent Flyer Lounge: Opened in 2022 to supplement the existing LHR Premium Lounge, located in Terminal 4. Standard oneworld access rules apply (oneworld Sapphire members and above ticketing on oneworld flights plus guest, passengers ticketed in oneworld J or F are also eligible but may prefer to use the Premium Lounge).
The QR Paris (CDG) Premium Lounge: Opened in 2018, located in Terminal 1. Covered on the QR website here and discussed on FT here. Reopened February 2023 after COVID and awaiting first post-COVID report. Access is restricted to departing passengers ticketed in oneworld J or F. Access is not permitted if flying on a QR Business Lite (P) fare. No guests.
The QR Singapore (SIN) Premium Lounge: Opened in 2020, located in Terminal 1. Covered on the QR website here and discussed on FT here. Access is restricted to departing passengers ticketed in oneworld J or F. Access is not permitted if flying on a QR Business Lite (P) fare. No guests.

Former QR-operated outstation lounges
The QR Dubai (DXB) Premium Lounge: Opened in 2016, located in Terminal 1. Not covered on the QR website but discussed on FT here. Currently closed long-term and unclear if it will reopen.

Information previously within this WIKI, has been moved to:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/25682245-post354.html and will not be updated.

Information about general oneworld lounge access
https://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-access

Print Wikipost

Qatar Airways' lounges (outstation)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2014, 1:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ASUDan130
Is there an arrival lounge at AUH that can be used when travelling QR F?
No.
Old Aug 28, 2014, 11:09 pm

Programs: Any program with a credit card, or good prices.
Immigration told us that even though visa is 30-days on return a second time we will need to pay again for new visa. Does that sound right?
Old Aug 29, 2014, 12:54 am

Programs: QF LTS WP, Avis Pres Club, HH Diam.
Originally Posted by iolairemcfadden
Immigration told us that even though visa is 30-days on return a second time we will need to pay again for new visa. Does that sound right?
Yes, unless visiting Oman within that 30 day period as well.
Old Aug 31, 2014, 1:21 pm
Suspended

Programs: Emirates
Columbo? Colombo

DFW?
Old Aug 31, 2014, 5:15 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by EKinBigD
Columbo? Colombo

DFW?
Did you try reading the wiki or post 204?
Old Sep 1, 2014, 6:34 am

Programs: Any program with a credit card, or good prices.
Originally Posted by VH-RMD
Yes, unless visiting Oman within that 30 day period as well.
Thank you
Old Sep 7, 2014, 11:26 pm

This is funny: the only direct flight from SSL to DOH leaves at 5.15. According to the oneworld website I could use the Oman Air lounge, which only opens at 5.00. Hmpf.
Old Sep 11, 2014, 1:58 am

Programs: MUCCI
I am sitting there right now, and although I wouldn't call it a total dump, it really is pretty unappetising: rather like the mushy baby food called compote de fruits in a plastic container, that is about the only thing I can eat without suffering a severe gluten reaction. The coffee is so sour and bitter it gives you palpitations. Wifi works, so that's something.

Attitude of the staff is a gallic pout and shrug of the shoulders, and they will barge through the door in front of you without even a mumble of "excusez-moi".

So my breakfast is some plastic cheese and a mini-coke, I could only stomach one spoonful of the baby food. There is some champagne, but it's too early in the morning.
Old Sep 11, 2014, 3:04 am

Programs: QR Platinum
Talking

It's never to early for champagne! Especially if its cold, dry and free
Old Sep 11, 2014, 9:17 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Confirm, it is rubbish.

Will QR join its oneworld partners in T2A? Would be good to be able to use the CX lounge over there.
Old Sep 12, 2014, 10:10 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus
Originally Posted by San Gottardo
Confirm, it is rubbish.

Will QR join its oneworld partners in T2A? Would be good to be able to use the CX lounge over there.
That would indeed be nice. That lounge in T1 is really bad. And to think they call it "Première"...
Old Sep 14, 2014, 12:17 am

Programs: TK *A Gold, Delta Silver Medallion, Amex Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, SPG Gold
Qatar business class lounge in BLR

Does anyone here know which international departure lounge in Bengaluru (BLR) you would get access to while flying Qatar in business?

I get conflicting info in oneworld and qatar websites. Oneworld says Plaza Premium, but Qatar says Oberoi. Are they too crowded? I'll have nearly 12 hrs to burn in BLR
Old Sep 14, 2014, 8:22 am

Programs: Not stuck with an Alliance anymore, Star gold, OW Saph
The lounge is run by Air france and can't be called a "lounge": old furniture, limited food and beverages....certainly the worst lounge in CDG.
As I know there is no space for QR at the 2A....Etihad or Emirates will have to move to CDG 1 !!!!
Old Sep 25, 2014, 4:43 pm

Programs: Ryanair PLATINUM : ) TK GOLD, AZ Gold, Radisson - gold,Marriott - gold
Smile paris doha in F

do you happen to know which lounge can you get access to in Paris flying F class in Qatar?

there are two options

1. air france la premiere lounge (info on 1W www and on flyertalk)

2. premier salon (info on QR www)

there s a huge difference between the 2

the 1st one is amazing - the best in the world apparently - according to skytrax and the 2nd is a small room with little catering and no view

i d like to take my decision whether to check in early and enjoy the loung or run direclty to the plane and enjoy the old shabby F class on a340

Last edited by ambrogz; Sep 27, 2014 at 4:14 am
Old Sep 28, 2014, 9:19 am
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Hi All

Bit confused. Travelling PEK-DOH on QR Y. BAEC Silver/OWS which makes me eligible for lounge access. Has anyone any experience of which lounge is used by QR at PEK. Have tried some research and there is conflicting information.

QR website states Air China Business Class Lounge

From Oneworld website:

Air China First and Business Class Lounge

Location details: Location: T3E main hall, between gate E20 and E19

Opening hours: Daily: 06:00-22:00

Operated by a third party. May be used only by eligible customers when travelling on: Finnair, Qatar Airways
Business Centre
Free Wifi
Food and Beverages
Showers
Smoking Room
Wheelchair Access
TV
Relaxation Room

BGS First and Business Class Lounge

Location details: Terminal 3, one floor up from the main departures concourse level, near Gate E19

Opening hours: Mon, Wed, Sat: 24hours Tue, Thu, Fri, Sun: 05:00-01:00

Notes: Access to First Class Lounges is restricted to Emerald members or those travelling in First Class

Operated by a third party. May be used only by eligible customers when travelling on: British Airways, Finnair, Japan Airlines, S7 Airlines, SriLankan Airlines
Business Centre
Food and Beverages
Showers
Wheelchair Access
TV

Dragonair and Cathay Pacific Lounge

Location details: Terminal 3E, opposite to Gate E21

Opening hours: Daily: 05:30-21:00

Notes: Access to First Class Lounges is restricted to Emerald members or those travelling in First Class

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So according to the QR website & OW website it is the Air China First & Business Class lounges, however these lounges apparently close at 22:00hrs.

The QR flight I am scheduled on does not depart till 01:20hrs

And, according to the OW site, the only other OW lounge operated by a third party that will be open only allows lounge access when flying particular OW airlines which does not include QR (even more ).

Any information on experiences gratefully appreciated.

Happy & Safe Travels

S

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.