Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

How tall is that woman in the picture?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2009, 3:28 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P

http://www.qantas.com.au/travel/airlines/home/au/en

I reckon the lady posing in the QF Y seat must be < 5' tall. I simply cannot understand how someone can look so comfortable in a Y seat!
Old Jul 27, 2009, 3:39 am

Programs: QF Plat & LTG, VA Plat
I reckon the seat pitch must be more than 31" too!
She is pretty cute tho...
Old Jul 27, 2009, 5:00 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by og
http://www.qantas.com.au/travel/airlines/home/au/en

I reckon the lady posing in the QF Y seat must be < 5' tall. I simply cannot understand how someone can look so comfortable in a Y seat!
Even I, a shortie, find Y seat uncomfortable, so yes she must be pretty short.
Old Jul 27, 2009, 5:47 am

That's gotta be a photoshop. Her boobs are pretty much on the arm rests, and her bum is in the back of the seat. Stretching the truth there QF!
Old Jul 27, 2009, 6:00 am

Programs: QF LTS WP, Avis Pres Club, HH Diam.
Originally Posted by og

I simply cannot understand how someone can look so comfortable in a Y seat!
drugs, lots of drugs...
Old Jul 27, 2009, 6:32 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
She has got to be about 4' tall (or perhaps 10 yrs old) - now that I study the dimensions of her face compared with the head rest. Somewhat misrepresenting the reality of an average person in the seat. Shame on you QF!

Of course I have to declare an interest - I'm tall and just can't fit in the seat.
Old Jul 27, 2009, 6:55 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by og
Of course I have to declare an interest - I'm tall and just can't fit in the seat.
If you need help, serfty and I will be more than willing to apply a bit of force and I am sure between the two of us we will make you fit.

On a different note, I didn't know QF supplies headsets in children's sizes. Must keep this in mind for Micro DUF.
Old Jul 27, 2009, 7:25 am

Some of the A380 images and videos were shot in a studio in Sydney. In the commercial there is a bit where a lady is in premium economy and it is very very spacious and only 2 rows - that is the studio scene. The next scene is onboard where the flight attendant is delivering a sandwich. I was there for the filming - very interesting to see how it is all done.
Old Jul 27, 2009, 3:44 pm

Programs: QFF (Gold), Skywards, Rapid Rewards,United, Velocity, Hilton Silver
NEWS FLASH

SMH Saturday 25th July 2009:

Qantas Airlines caught out. Have been using a family of "little people " to demonstrate the spaciousness of their new aircraft and also the refit of older aircraft.

A Qantas spokesperson said any questions should be referred to their ergonomics consultant Matt Roloff.

Old Jul 27, 2009, 3:50 pm

Programs: QF WP (LTG), AA, SPG Gold, IC Plat Amb, Hyatt Plat, HH Gold.
Might be an outsize stage prop seat?
Old Jul 27, 2009, 4:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by DownUnderFlyer
If you need help, serfty and I will be more than willing to apply a bit of force and I am sure between the two of us we will make you fit. ...
Old Jul 27, 2009, 5:37 pm

Programs: Elite Diamond Purple Dot Gold Silver Titanium for life
Firstly, the angle of the shot gives the illusion of more leg room given the focus towards her legs. She is a petite woman and has some room to move back and forth on the seat. She is sitting diagonly from the back right to the front left AND you can see her left ankle sticking out in the walkway - add in the camera angle and you have a spaceous shot.

Secondly, the same women is in the 'exit row seat' image on the same page - you can see her sitting up more although still hunched over a tad so that her head does not go above the top of the headrest. The positions she is sitting in would not be all that comfortable for the average traveller.... the smile is for the camera

I'm sure she wouldn't be smiling if the picture represented a true inflight shot with a kid on one side and an overweight person on the other, taking up all the armrest!
Old Jul 27, 2009, 7:09 pm

Programs: CX Silver, QFF Bronze, Mabuhay Miles
I agree with d00t. How come someone like that never sits next to me in Y?

I estimate she is about 5ft even and just on 40kg. Would love to see her try to put her bag in the overhead bin. (Actually, come to think of it, reminds me of a girl I used to know)
Old Jul 27, 2009, 7:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP, A3 Gold
Are we sure that's a real women? Looks computer generated to me.
Old Jul 27, 2009, 7:53 pm

She was actually quite tall - I'm 5ft 11 and she was just shorter than me

Originally Posted by d00t
I'm sure she wouldn't be smiling if the picture represented a true inflight shot with a kid on one side and an overweight person on the other, taking up all the armrest!
She seems happy next to a kid in the photo
http://biztravelguru.com/photos/airl...9/425x256.aspx

(missing overweight person - gone to bathroom)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.