Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QF594 sitting in Perth

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2008, 5:20 am
Original Poster

QF594 sitting in Perth

Hello from QF594, the time is 9.20pm, and we are sitting here on the plane at Perth's domestic terminal.

The aircraft taxied out to the runway a little late at around 7pm, then stopped, and after what could best be described as some revving of the engines for a few minutes the pilot annouced that there is a problem with the air conditioning systems and we need to return to the gate for engineers to board.

Now at 9.20pm we're still here, latest annoucement tells us that the problem "might" be fixing in 15 minutes, otherwise everyone will need to get off the plane.

On the plus side, myself and my parents whom i'm travelling with have been protected on the 00.40 departure (after a phone call to a very helpful member of staff at Qantas). With only a very small number of seats left on that flight I certainly feel for the other couple of hundred passengers on this flight if they do cancel the flight.
Old Dec 26, 2008, 5:47 am
Original Poster

Woooo 9.46pm and they've fixed the problem, door closing now.
Gotta turn laptop off now, cya.
Old Dec 26, 2008, 2:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
welcome to Brisbane
Old Dec 26, 2008, 4:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
oneworld_emerald, welcome to FT.

Glad your flight departed finally ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.