Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

QANTAS website glitch...extremely cheap airfares

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2008, 7:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF Gold, CX MPC SL

I just tried booking a Sydney-Los Angeles-New York-Sydney route using the Qantas International Multi-destination applicaton for the 26th of December and it gave me a sale fare for $786 (including all taxes -return...)

It routed me to Auckland-Los Angeles but for less than $800 return to New York, I'm willing to transfer anywhere! I think it's definitely a glitch because when I checked the other days, the fare is around $3400 and when I checked again for that day, it goes back to the normal fare.

Now, will Qantas honour that cheap cheap ticket or will they refund it and tell me to pay the proper price?
Old Nov 29, 2008, 7:57 pm

Interesting.

I couldn't replicate it myself (otherwise I'd be having a white Christmas!).

When a booking is made, it creates a booking reference (normally visible to you if you have FF status), and then later the itinerary is ticketed and you receive the itinerary and receipt via email.

Your fare is way too cheap for a regular fare, so it may not get ticketed. However, I suggest that if you don't get the confirmation email in a few hours that you call up Qantas to find out what is going on.
Old Nov 29, 2008, 8:32 pm

Programs: QF PS, NZ Silver
I could get this fare to show up once but can't seem to get it to show up again. Maybe they've remedied this problem?
Old Dec 2, 2008, 2:59 am

So what happened in the end?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.