Best Single Economy Seat on the A380?

Subscribe
I've read the threads & must be overlooking the answer... My 20 year old daughter is in Sydney for a few months and will be returning to the US in January. When I bought her ticket, the return was on a 744 and I obtained seat 70A for her in both directions.

The return aircraft has been changed to the A380. What would be a preferred seat to request for her? She's a oneWorld Sapphire.

Thanks.

71D has no seat in front of it, the hatch for the crew rest is where 70D should be.
80A or 80K are also good seats - they too have no seat in front providing extra room
Does that mean that the seats without a seat in front have an armrest PTV instead of the normal seatback one?
Quote: 80A or 80K are also good seats - they too have no seat in front providing extra room
I agree, these seats are great extra room and easy access.

Cheers
Quote: Does that mean that the seats without a seat in front have an armrest PTV instead of the normal seatback one?
It looks like seat 71D has both a PTV stowed under the left arm rest as well as another behind 69D.

I wonder who get to use that one? 70E or 71D.
Quote: It looks like seat 71D has both a PTV stowed under the left arm rest as well as another behind 69D.

I wonder who get to use that one? 70E or 71D.
80k ^
Quote: 80k ^

80K does not have a PTV 60" in front of it like 71D has ...
I have 80K reserved for an upcoming flight. I have however waitlisted for an upgrade to J (and if that fails to Y+). Looks like 80K might be better than a middle Y+ but having never set foot on one of these planes i'm not sure. Should I cancel the upgrade and waitlist only for J? (unfortunately my statuslessness, apart from QP won't help and neither, from what I read, will my full Y)

Jeff
Had anyone success changing the seats? I have preassigned seats and the agent on the phone could not access the A380 seat maps.
Quote: Had anyone success changing the seats? I have preassigned seats and the agent on the phone could not access the A380 seat maps.
Had this same problem w/QF on my SYD-LAX A380 flight for May '09. Went to "seatguru.com", used their QF seatmap and told the phone agent what seat I wanted. Just confirm w/the agent that your flight is actually on an A380. I'm on a 747 to SYD & on the A380 back to LAX.

(booked for seat 80A, SYD-LAX)
On the SQ A380, the LCD on the back of 69D equivalent is installed but does not switch on. I sat in the equivalent of 70E and wanted to try and put flight map on it and watch the movie on mine, but could not.
I had a good look at this last night and in my guesstimate order I think as follows. (Here's the seatmap)

Best Exit row seats (If you can get them):
  1. 66A/66K - wall exit seat, no one to disturb you and 5-10cm of room between seat and wall - hand hold to get up without disturbing seat neighbour.
  2. 79B/79J - Inner exit pair with plenty of space in front; no A/K seats,
  3. 66C/66H - Just like 46C/H-58C/H on QF 744's,
  4. 66B/66J - Inner exit seats - can be laterally squeezy,
  5. 66D/66E/66F/66G - designated exit seat - Bulkhead but much more room than at 50A/B/C or 51H/J/K - Non Bassinet position &
  6. 79C/79H.
(With 79C/H many people bump the legs of a sleeping occupant as they walk through the curtains on the way down to the WHY "Bar".)

Other Seats:
  1. Definitely 80A/K,
  2. 71D
  3. 70E - less likely to be bumped by aisle traffic - may have two screens to play with (perhaps not, see previous post).
Note that all exit/bulkhead seats have PTVs stored under arm rests and need to be stowed for landing - can't watch tail-cam on take off.

The fuselage structure is such that it continues to curve outward up from the floor - perhaps 8cm between armrest and wall - double that at shoulders. So there's plenty of elbow/shoulder room at the windows.
Thanks, serfty for the great information... I copied your seat analysis and placed it in the Qantas File in my laptop!

Now, if anyone has a handle on preferred Premium Economy and Business Class seats, many of us would appreciate that as well.

Best seats for a couple?
I know this thread has dealt with the best single seat. Does anyone have suggestions for a couple flying together?