.... an explanation of the initialisms.

STATUS LEVELS

CL Chairmans Lounge
P1 PlatinumOne
WP (W@nk@) Platinum
SG (Scum) Gold
PS (Plebian) Silver
NB (Nothin') Bronze

There is also QPPS - Qantas Pub Plebian Silver - and QPNB - Qantas Pub Nothin' Bronze.

OTHER INITIALISMS

QP Qantas Pub - the lounges at the airports which have signage which has, unfortunately, been misspelt by the signwriters - they always seem to make it out to read "Qantas Club", you would think they would get it right one of these days.

HP Hahn Premium, the beer of choice in domestic QP's and international J lounges (but note, NOT at SYD, which has Tooheys New on tap).

SFSC Self Funded Status Chaser - pays for the vast majority of their own travel themselves, rather than their employer doing it for them.

OTHER INTERESTING BITS

Qantas offers mostly two-class service - J (Business Class) and WHY (fly it and you will ask yourself that question). They also offer F (First Class) on some flights.

Most QP's have an FT Corner - this is where FlyerTalkers meet to have a drink, discuss their flights, have a drink, point at strangely painted aircraft, have a drink, explain the finer points of UBB coding, have a drink, sneer at the FF's who belong to third world carriers (such as AA) who rant and rave about how good the QP's are - did I mention we also have an occasional drink?

The location listing for the QP FT Corners is currently being updated, and will be posted soon.

No doubt I have missed something, but somebody will pop along and add it before I get out of bed.

Dave

[This message has been edited by thadocta (edited Mar 20, 2004).]

Last edited by DownUnderFlyer; Oct 1, 2012 at 10:54 pm Reason: Updated P1
Old Mar 19, 2004, 1:49 pm

Programs: QFF WP :-0, AC, FlyBuys, Porter's Liquor Store, Mother's Helper
SFSC Self Funded Status Chaser

Crikey, can't even type 4-words this morning without buggeringit up.

[This message has been edited by GoldFlyer (edited Mar 19, 2004).]
Old Mar 19, 2004, 3:22 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
I cant believe you forgot HP! (Hahn Premium beer)
Old Mar 19, 2004, 3:43 pm

Programs: QF Plat (LTG)
And your oft-quoted SLC - Self Loading Cargo (a.k.a. passengers)
Old Mar 19, 2004, 4:35 pm

Programs: QF WP, (OW Emerald)
Many thanks for a most informative post Dave. As a newcomer I didn't dare ask for full explanation of the codes for fear of being ousted from the board!
Old Mar 19, 2004, 4:39 pm

Programs: UA Gold, *A Gold, HH Dia, Hertz #1 5*
Actually, I preferred CP, Cascade Premium. And in NZ, I liked MG. Not Mac's Gold, but Monteith's Gold.
Old Mar 19, 2004, 4:55 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by JerseySlime:
Actually, I preferred CP, Cascade Premium. And in NZ, I liked MG. Not Mac's Gold, but Monteith's Gold.</font>
Next time you're down this way I'd be happy to try to convince you Macs is better than Monteiths - of course it will need copious sampling.
Old Mar 19, 2004, 6:47 pm

Many thanks for the info
Old Mar 20, 2004, 8:54 am

Programs: QF Platinum One (LTG), UA Plat IHG Plat
You forgot mother....

------------------
RichardMEL, UA 1P (It's Time to Fly)
A Star Alliance Member.
Old Mar 20, 2004, 9:50 am
In Memoriam
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Kiwi Flyer:
I cant believe you forgot HP! (Hahn Premium beer)</font>
Probably because I was on my fourth HP as I was posting.

Dave
Old Mar 20, 2004, 12:33 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by thadocta:
Probably because I was on my fourth HP as I was posting.

Dave</font>
Fair enough, although its a bit early for me. Maybe later watching the cricket.

Old Mar 20, 2004, 12:37 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by RichardMEL:
You forgot mother....

</font>
Hey, goldflyer's mother is not an initialism but more of an epic novel. She grows on you the more you encounter her, but yet you cant wait for her to finish! When is the movie coming out?
Old Mar 23, 2004, 4:08 am

Programs: QFF WP :-0, AC, FlyBuys, Porter's Liquor Store, Mother's Helper
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Hey, goldflyer's mother is not an initialism but more of an epic novel. She grows on you the more you encounter her, but yet you cant wait for her to finish! When is the movie coming out? </font>
Oh, Mother is finished alright, didn't you get to that part? Mind, her pearls of wisdom remain ingrained in me like gravel after a wayward fall of the scooter. I think she would be rather bemused at being described as "Growing on You" Much like a forgotten cheeseboard but I hope she takes ith the right way. Mould on the right cheese can be delicious.

Old Mar 23, 2004, 6:55 am
NM

Programs: AA Plat & LTG; QF LTG
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by GoldFlyer:
Mould on the right cheese can be delicious.</font>
But only with the right port, and that's another thing airlines rarely get right! Fancy serving Magill's at the pointy end of the tube? One should expect nothing less than Gallway or Grandfather.
Old Apr 2, 2004, 11:37 am
In Memoriam
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci
*bump*

willyroo, can you make this post a "stickie", so that those new to the forum will find it at the ttop?

Ta muchly,

Dave

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.