Wiki Posts
Search

Shanghai (PVG) to SYD A/C type?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2006, 7:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Skywards Sliver
Shanghai (PVG) to SYD A/C type?

a friend is flying from PVG to SYD on Dec 26, the direct flight. Just wondering what type of A/C so the best seat can be picked...

Thnaks for your help in advance!
Old Dec 22, 2006, 7:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Exp|VA Platinum
Originally Posted by Sagribader
a friend is flying from PVG to SYD on Dec 26, the direct flight. Just wondering what type of A/C so the best seat can be picked...

Thnaks for your help in advance!
Should be an A330. The big if is whether Qantas or China Eastern will be flying it that day. QF codeshare 3 days a week with China Eastern.
Old Dec 22, 2006, 7:46 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
The QF web site clearly shows that QF fly PVG-SYD on Sat, Sun, Tue and Fri. On 26 Dec, it is showing a 333 as the operating aircraft.
Old Jun 3, 2007, 5:49 pm

Programs: CM Presidential, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Flying SYD-PVG in October 2007 on QF metal (QF 129).
Any recent experiences on this route in J?
Thanks in advance.
Old Jun 5, 2007, 1:54 pm

BUMP n the hope that someone has some input.
Old Jun 5, 2007, 4:55 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by AAEXP
BUMP n the hope that someone has some input.
Just a guess, but drinks after take-off, then a main meal with plentiful flow of more drinks, sleep it off in the SkyBed for about 8 hrs or watch AVO(i)D movies, drinks, a substantial snack / meal about 2 hrs before landing.
Old Jun 5, 2007, 5:12 pm

Programs: Virgin Australia Velocity Gold
SYD-PVG: Meals
  • Lunch - Western and Chinese options
  • Refreshments (on Demand) - Available at seat and from the Bar
  • Light Dinner - Western and Chinese options
I would imagine the meal options would be changed quite regularly, but I hear stir fry meals are prominent!

You'll have access to AVOD, which IME, is more reliable on the 333 than the 744.

Have a good flight!

Rgds
Old Jun 7, 2007, 6:11 am

Originally Posted by QF NB
SYD-PVG: Meals
  • Lunch - Western and Chinese options
  • Refreshments (on Demand) - Available at seat and from the Bar
  • Light Dinner - Western and Chinese options
I would imagine the meal options would be changed quite regularly, but I hear stir fry meals are prominent!

You'll have access to AVOD, which IME, is more reliable on the 333 than the 744.

Have a good flight!

Rgds
Thanks QF NB.
Old Jun 10, 2007, 12:21 pm

Hopefully you get some nice FAs. On my PVG-SYD flight last year, one FA was great, while another one was quite unprofessional - I asked for a glass of orange juice with ice, she gave me a glass of orange juice without ice and didn't say a word. The second time, she didn't put any ice in my drink again.

As per IFE, IFE was quite okay, though they did reboot the system twice. Very ordinary food-wise. Cannot remember what I had in detail, but I chose the Chinese option, which was worse than most Asian food I had in-flight.

Cheers.
Old Jun 10, 2007, 12:32 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: Mucci
Originally Posted by ForeverCCA
Hopefully you get some nice FAs. On my PVG-SYD flight last year, one FA was great, while another one was quite unprofessional - I asked for a glass of orange juice with ice, she gave me a glass of orange juice without ice and didn't say a word. The second time, she didn't put any ice in my drink again.
OMG! I cannot believe this. This FA should be summarily dismissed. How DARE she forget the ice!

Dave
Old Jun 10, 2007, 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by thadocta
OMG! I cannot believe this. This FA should be summarily dismissed. How DARE she forget the ice!

Dave
It's their job. If they don't like it, they should go do something else. "SERVICE" is a forgotten word nowadays, mostly, I am sorry to say, because people more often than not react like you.
Old Jun 10, 2007, 1:18 pm
In Memoriam

Originally Posted by AAEXP
It's their job. If they don't like it, they should go do something else. "SERVICE" is a forgotten word nowadays, mostly, I am sorry to say, because people more often than not react like you.
*I* would actually make a point of mentioning it at the time - you know, "Excuse me, you forgot the ice", that sort of thing, which would allow the situation to be rectified immediately, rather than suffering through it and then whinging and moaning about it here.

It was probably an oversight, and was easily rectifiable.

One thing about us Ozzies, we don't like whingers. Describing an FA who forgot to put ice in an OJ as "quite unprofessional" is whinging. We leave whinging to the POMs.

Dave
Old Jun 10, 2007, 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by thadocta
*I* would actually make a point of mentioning it at the time - you know, "Excuse me, you forgot the ice", that sort of thing, which would allow the situation to be rectified immediately, rather than suffering through it and then whinging and moaning about it here.

That's actually my point: If you do not get the service you want, call attention to the problem. However, I think it is sad that we have come to a point where these small things become big issues, usually because some people in the SERVICE industry are not better trained or more appropriately have a better sense of SERVICE.

It was probably an oversight, and was easily rectifiable.

One thing about us Ozzies, we don't like whingers. Describing an FA who forgot to put ice in an OJ as "quite unprofessional" is whinging. We leave whinging to the POMs.

I have a lot of respect for Australia and love to travel there and I have always received very good to exceptional SERVICE when visiting Australia. Just take the show you guys put on at the Olympics in 2000 ^ . But I expect one kind of service when I am in the bush and another when flying the Country's flag carrier in J Class

Dave
Old Jun 10, 2007, 2:29 pm
In Memoriam

So what are you saying? In your first reply to me, you disagreed with me. Then, in your second reply to me, you apparently agree with me.

My original reply was a caustic reply to what I thought was a gross over-exaggeration - basically a "get over it, fix it at the time,stop whinging" type of post. You came in and disagreed with me. I defended my post - you now seem to be agreeing with me.

So which is it?

Dave
Old Jun 10, 2007, 2:38 pm

[QUOTE=thadocta;7880957]So what are you saying? In your first reply to me, you disagreed with me. Then, in your second reply to me, you apparently agree with me.

My original reply was a caustic reply to what I thought was a gross over-exaggeration - basically a "get over it, fix it at the time,stop whinging" type of post. You came in and disagreed with me. I defended my post - you now seem to be agreeing with me.

So which is it?

Is this a small problem? YES.
Should and could it easily have been corrected at the time? YES.
Is it good service?: NO
Is this just one more example of service standards being lowered?: YES.
Should we just accept it and move on?: AT YOU OWN RISK

Last edited by AAEXP; Jun 10, 2007 at 3:04 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.