Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fast Track at SYD ?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2005, 9:57 am
Original Poster

Fast Track at SYD ?

Will be heading to SYD on QF - 1st time ! Does SYD/QF have any fast track immigration facilities for J/F class arriving paxs ?
Old Feb 17, 2005, 10:28 am

Programs: Junior Jet Club
No. "..Next!"
Old Feb 17, 2005, 2:36 pm
NM

Programs: AA Plat & LTG; QF LTG
Never has for arriving pax based on premium fare/seat. The only fasttrack for arriving pax at SYD is those pre-registered with Smartgate, for which you must be an Australian passport holder.

And the fasttrack for departing premium pax has been removed at the few Australian ports that used to have it.
Old Feb 17, 2005, 2:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
From my experience, there was, for a very short time in the mid-late 90's; at least into MEL. F & J pax with pre-printed immigation cards IIRC.
Old Feb 17, 2005, 3:28 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
The most I've ever waited at SYD as about 15 minutes. Often less. You just need to be up the front and walk quickly to immigration (and not spend too much time in the Duty Free shop). In any case, unless you have Priority tagged bags, you'll be waiting for them (but that's always a lottery - sometimes a coloured tag means "deliver last").
Old Feb 17, 2005, 4:00 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Wish I had your luck. I have waited well over an hour at SYD on several occassions, even being quick out of the blocks. Of course cant use the aussie line. I hate the morning rush hour!
Old Feb 17, 2005, 6:57 pm

Programs: Qantas Platinum/Oneworld Emerald, Qantas Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by og
(sometimes a coloured tag means "deliver last").
I've found this only to be the case in BNE...grrr...I have sworn off connecting through there in the future!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.