Community
Wiki Posts
Search

need help on short SQ-QF connection

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2017, 12:30 pm
Original Poster

need help on short SQ-QF connection

hi guys have been a quiet follower in the forums and recently i have a flight which needs some clarifying

i booked a ticket from flightnetwork, icn-sin-syd-scl in one ticket

according to SQ website icn-sin-syd is on SQ PNR, and syd-scl is NOT on this same PNR

however when i called LATAM to check and their website shows that sin-syd-scl is in one PNR, the icn-sin leg is not on their records

so im pretty confused now as to which PNR should i check in under

icn 1635 - sin 2200 on SQ metal

sin 0045 - syd 1140 on SQ metal

syd 1250 - scl 1110 on LATAM operated by qantas metal

the problem now is that i arrive in sydney at 1140 hours, and the connecting qantas flight is at 1250 hours, now i am worried that i will not make the flight as far as i know SQ dosent interline luggage anymore with oneworld airlines? or am i wrong about it

i am not worried about singapore connections as everything is fast, im thinking many scenarios is it possible to,

-check in ICN-SIN on SQ PNR
-check out and recheck in again on LATAM PNR sin-syd-scl ? will my luggage make it or will my boarding pass syd-scl be even issued? the last i knew is that latam and sq are not in any alliance...........

travel agent told me about "through check in", she said i can request "through check in" at ICN first destination all the way to SCL as SQ is the first flight, will SQ give me all my boarding passes at ICN for this check in? anyone tried this before?

worst case scenario, ill have to check out and check in again at syd airport, will my krisflyer gold be any help to me to rush through this 1hour10mins connection? lets say i do not have any bags to check in will i make it?

anyway agent is insisting that this is legal connection and airline would not have issue this itenary its it is not legal......

oh gosh...
Old Jul 14, 2017, 6:27 pm

When you type the Qantas PNR into the Qantas website does it only display the Qantas flight or does it display all the flights?

Provided all your flights are on the one ticket (note this may include several PNR's) then you'll make it.

We have through check-in agreements with many of our partners. This means, as long as all flights are part of a single booked itinerary and the first flight segment is operated by Singapore Airlines, you can check in for all your connecting flights to your final destination at the same time.
(from the Singapore Airlines website)

You won't make the connection if you're required to re check your bag in Sydney so it's important to check that all the flights are on the "same booked itinerary".
Old Jul 14, 2017, 9:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
The ICN segment missing is normal for such mixed carrier itineries.

There will be one "boss" PNR that should list all flights.

What what three numbers does your ticket start with? e.g. 081- would indicate a Qantas ticketed itinerary.
Old Jul 14, 2017, 11:43 pm

Originally Posted by serfty

What what three numbers does your ticket start with? e.g. 081- would indicate a Qantas ticketed itinerary.
This is most likely a 045 - LA ticket.
Old Jul 15, 2017, 1:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
If so, then the ICN-SIN leg not showing using the LAN PNR is a worry.
Old Jul 15, 2017, 5:18 am

If so, then the ICN-SIN leg not showing using the LAN PNR is a worry.
It's A SABRE AMADEUS integration issue. Had this happen numerous times on EY-QF itineraries, from QF side they could only see the last or next EY flight. E.g. MEL-SYD-AUH-XXX or (AUH-)SIN-BNE-SYD but never the ultimate destination. When checking in the agents were always able to see all segments.

I wouldn't worry at all. SQ staff should be able to check through the bags to SCL. Boarding pass for SYD-SCL will probably only be issued at the transfer desk in SYD.
Old Jul 15, 2017, 10:36 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by henrus
When you type the Qantas PNR into the Qantas website does it only display the Qantas flight or does it display all the flights?

Provided all your flights are on the one ticket (note this may include several PNR's) then you'll make it.

(from the Singapore Airlines website)

You won't make the connection if you're required to re check your bag in Sydney so it's important to check that all the flights are on the "same booked itinerary".
QAntas could not retrieve any details nor names as the ticket was a LAN issued ticket starting with 045- , was getting jumpy about checking in procedures for the last leg as i would not be able to do any online check in on the website.

my ticket is a LAN issued ticket starting with 045-

Originally Posted by edy4eva
It's A SABRE AMADEUS integration issue. Had this happen numerous times on EY-QF itineraries, from QF side they could only see the last or next EY flight. E.g. MEL-SYD-AUH-XXX or (AUH-)SIN-BNE-SYD but never the ultimate destination. When checking in the agents were always able to see all segments.

I wouldn't worry at all. SQ staff should be able to check through the bags to SCL. Boarding pass for SYD-SCL will probably only be issued at the transfer desk in SYD.
hi thanks for the assurance, called up krisflyer to get assurance that through check in will be done all the way to SCL from ICN, was worried because the last segment was on a LAN flight and i was worried for a moment, phew.

then may i ask what will happen with the last SYD-SCL leg, will i be required to do any sort of a 'check-in' or i should just head for the qantas transfer desk in syd and straight to dep gate? many thanks
Old Jul 20, 2017, 9:48 am

Programs: Now back at base level for these 2:QFF-now NB, Virgin-Velocity-NR
You will have to go through transfer xray screening at SYDint.
All arriving passengers get off plane, and walk towards immi arrivals hall.
You will see overhead int transit, and you should veer towards these.
If you have your LA PNR, you could do OLCI and print out your BP on paper.
I have not gone through transit security screening at SYD, but know somewhere in the way towards Au immi, you will veer off towards the right hand side at a certain point, and go through xray screening again.
As for whether LA/QF has desks in the transit area at SYDint transit zone, I don't know.
Old Jul 21, 2017, 6:39 am

Programs: QF Plat, BA GGL, VA Silver, SQ Gold, IHG Gold, HH Diamond, Accor Plat, Hertz Pres Circle
LA fares from ICN to SCL do permit the use of SQ so it's possible you are on a single ticket the entire way in which case you will be through-checked the entire way from ICN. SQ is able to issue QF boarding passes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.