Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QF Double Points Offer

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2017, 12:59 pm
Original Poster

QF Double Points Offer

May be useful for some - double points offer is now being promoting from the home page of the QF website:

"...It's a great time to book your next flight with Qantas. Because for a limited time, Qantas Frequent Flyers can earn double Qantas Points on all eligible Qantas flights, in all available cabins~, to all destinations! So whether you're planning an Aussie adventure or your next overseas jaunt, you've now got twice the reason to book with this all-together amazing double points offer.

Here's how to earn double Qantas Points
[*]Simply register[*]Make your booking on a Qantas operated flight between 19 January and 23 January 2017, for travel between 1 February 2017 and 7 January 2018[*]Don't forget to include your Qantas Frequent Flyer number in your booking
...."
Old Jan 18, 2017, 3:25 pm

Site returned a "server error" when I tried to register earlier this morning. Just checked the home page again and the promotion seems to have disappeared...
Old Jan 18, 2017, 4:49 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by eminere
Site returned a "server error" when I tried to register earlier this morning. Just checked the home page again and the promotion seems to have disappeared...
Either they've completely pulled the promotion or it's a temporary glitch that they're trying to fix...I filled in my registration details but didn't' receive a confirmation email: minutes later when I tried to register the ex girlfriend the server error kicked in...

Problem is that the window of opportunity to make bookings is only a few days, so any delay is potentially disadvantageous
Old Jan 18, 2017, 5:27 pm
Original Poster

UPDATE: the promotion seems to be back up via the QF home page: the registration process also appears to be working now...
Old Jan 18, 2017, 5:39 pm

Originally Posted by Platy
UPDATE: the promotion seems to be back up via the QF home page: the registration process also appears to be working now...
Just managed to register successfully. Thanks! ^
Old Jan 18, 2017, 9:50 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
So, I'm not totally clear on whether a flight on an existing ticketed itinerary (xONEx) can qualify if I make a date change after registering and within the double points window. For example, I'm on QF310 LAX-SYD in a few months time but will change it to QF12 on same day if I can get the double points.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 10:42 pm

Originally Posted by og
So, I'm not totally clear on whether a flight on an existing ticketed itinerary (xONEx) can qualify if I make a date change after registering and within the double points window. For example, I'm on QF310 LAX-SYD in a few months time but will change it to QF12 on same day if I can get the double points.
If the way past promotions have worked are anything to go by, you'd need to be on a PNR generated during the promotional period, after you register.
Old Jan 19, 2017, 4:29 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
If the way past promotions have worked are anything to go by, you'd need to be on a PNR generated during the promotional period, after you register.
Thanks . Much as expected but hoping for something different!
Old Jan 23, 2017, 3:13 am

Programs: Qantas Gold FF
Has anyone booked on this offer? Just wondering if you get some kind of confirmation email after booking to say it's included in the offer?
Old Jan 23, 2017, 4:08 am

Originally Posted by QueEff
Has anyone booked on this offer? Just wondering if you get some kind of confirmation email after booking to say it's included in the offer?
That won't happen. The only confirmation email you will receive from QF is after you register for the promotion initially.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 4:11 am

Programs: Qantas Gold FF
That won't happen. The only confirmation email you will receive from QF is after you register for the promotion initially.
Good to know, thanks!
Old Jan 23, 2017, 11:50 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
I didn't get a confirmation email after registering.
Old Jan 24, 2017, 1:53 am

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
I'd ring up and check if the registration has been successfully recorded against your account.

I have always received a confirmation email after registering in past promotions.
Old Jan 24, 2017, 2:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
I did ...

Very basic, but it came.
Old Jan 24, 2017, 3:58 pm
Original Poster

I did...but, on the second attempt at registration. I assumed my first registration had failed since there was no email so re-registered.

No email could be a bad sign!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.