Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

SFO - SYD Premium Economy flt 74 and 73

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2017, 7:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA

My first time flying Qantas and first time in PE. I have selected seat 37J on both flights because it's opposite side as the lav.

Any other seats I should consider and what can I expect from Qantas PE?
Old Jan 17, 2017, 12:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
I would try and get a bulkhead seat if you can - the seats have a generous recline meaning they are quite intrusive if you are sitting behind. The deep recline also makes it very hard for the person at the window to access the aisle... you have to move to allow them out. Bulkheads solve that.

Qantas PE is the same as Australian domestic business class on narrow bodies - pretty much the same seat and food. (If you're not familiar with that it's kind of the same as domestic USA first class (but less pitch), and sort of similar food (although a bit upgraded).) You can pre-order your meal from 7 days prior to departure, I'd recommend that to ensure you get your choice.
Old Jan 17, 2017, 5:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA
thanks for the response. is there not galley or lav disturbance in the bulkhead?

i've not been able to find much on qantas premium economy but have read that it is akin to business class service and food but without the lay flat seats.
Old Jan 17, 2017, 7:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by theshaun
thanks for the response. is there not galley or lav disturbance in the bulkhead?

i've not been able to find much on qantas premium economy but have read that it is akin to business class service and food but without the lay flat seats.
the disturbance from the galley means the seat ain't 'perfect'...but it's not major. The WC will go through periods of use, but again, not major enough to outweigh the choice of a bulkhead seat. The recline really is very deep... not all that nice to have in your face.

Premium economy is akin to domestic Australian business class service (or domestic USA First class)... it doesn't really compare to international business class. It's still one of the better premium economy offerings, but they've cut it back over the years... no more champagne, no more hot made-to-order sandwiches etc.
Old Mar 27, 2017, 8:15 pm

Leg rest in every premium economy seat?

I read somewhere that the premium economy seats on Qantas offers leg rest in addition to the foot rest. Is that correct?

or the leg rests are only available for the bulk head seats, all other seat just have foot-rest? I could not seem to find any answer to that,

I have to choose a seat and I like the leg rest. If the bulk head has it then that is where I sit, even there is no floor space for my belonging.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.