Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

QF11 a 744 on Tuesdays with AA cxd today

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2016, 5:08 pm
Original Poster

Appreciating Tuesdays is a less busy day of the week, a 744 aeroplane operates QF 11/12 but today AA72 SYD-LAX is cancelled (presumably because of reports of gunfire at the LAX Aerodrome last night which may have caused the cancellation of AA73 LAX-SYD on Sunday Aug 28) - will pax be accommodated on OAL (DL, UA or VA ) or have to wait until tomorrow's AA / QF flights ?
Old Aug 29, 2016, 6:10 pm

Programs: QFF
A 747 operates QF11/12 on Tuesdays because the A380 is used for QF7/8 to DFW instead.

QF has 3 flights from LAX on Tuesdays, 2x747 (BNE and SYD) and 1xA380 (MEL). AA would have a 787 to AKL as well.
Most, if not all, of the pax for AA73 would have been able to fit on those other 4 QF/AA flights to AU/NZ.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 6:14 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
That is a question for AA to answer, most likely they will give pax a choice while trying to accomodate most on QF today. AA does have JV with QF (approved by Aust/NZ gov'ts but not sure if US has approved it yet as it is opposed by Hawaiian Airlines). Under the JV about 11% of total revenue goes to AA, the rest to QF (based on their seat capacity Oz/NZ to US mainland), so definitely fill QF flights first. Should be plenty of space via MEL/BNE if not direct from SYD.
Old Aug 30, 2016, 2:19 am

Programs: UA - 1K, DL - Platinum Medallion, QF - LTS, Hilton - Diamond, Bonvoy - Gold, IHG - Gold
I had a friend booked on AA73 that got canx, originally delayed due to MX, then Crew Hours, then Canx due to crew availability.

Instead of being put on OAL, they were put up in LA for the night, and moved to the AA73 the following day (today). I was facetiming my mate while he was at LAX.. what a mess it was....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.