Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

SYD Domestic QP Access on arrival from MEL - With onward International

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2016, 7:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF Gold (OW Sapphire), O6*G

Just wondering if QF will allow me access to the T3 QP on arrival from MEL, when I have a same day onward international with QF (Same PNR)?

I'll have some time between flights, and I don't want to transfer to International immediately.

The access rules technically say "Next onward flight that day must be on a Qantas^, Emirates^, Jetstar Airlines+ or oneworld marketed and operated flight.#", but I wasn't sure if they will stop me given my next onward is international not domestic - and tell me to go to the international lounge instead (I will eventually).

Anyone have any experience with this scenario?

I am QFF SG
Old Aug 2, 2016, 7:56 pm

They will tell you to proceed to the international business lounge. Arrivals access to the domestic lounges is for Qantas Platinums (and higher) only.
Old Aug 2, 2016, 8:00 pm
Original Poster

Might try my luck anyway - last couple of times they have barely glanced at my boarding pass - I doubt for even long enough to actually see what it had written on it.
Old Aug 2, 2016, 8:04 pm

Originally Posted by eminere
They will tell you to proceed to the international business lounge. Arrivals access to the domestic lounges is for Qantas Platinums (and higher) only.
Does the arrivals access policy to the domestic lounge apply to other OW programmes also or is this a QF specific ruling? I'm BA gold (OW Emerald) and would find this useful as my connecting airline check-in at the International terminal won't open for another 3.5hrs after I arrive into SYD (Qatar/OW)
Old Aug 2, 2016, 9:36 pm

Originally Posted by 1Aturnleft
Does the arrivals access policy to the domestic lounge apply to other OW programmes also or is this a QF specific ruling? I'm BA gold (OW Emerald) and would find this useful as my connecting airline check-in at the International terminal won't open for another 3.5hrs after I arrive into SYD (Qatar/OW)
Domestic lounge arrivals access is a benefit reserved for Qantas Platinums and higher only, no oneworld equivalents.
Old Aug 2, 2016, 9:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

How long is it until the international flight departs?

If there is a fair time before its scheduled time, I do not think you will have any issue getting access
Old Aug 2, 2016, 11:54 pm

Programs: OW Emerald
Originally Posted by ajobbins
Anyone have any experience with this scenario?
I have had no problems with access in this scenario, with a limited statistical population.
Old Aug 3, 2016, 1:20 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Ditto. I've had no problems accessing domestic lounge in this situation before.
Old Aug 3, 2016, 6:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by eminere
Never had a problem accessing the lounges at SYD T3 before a Qantas|oneworld flight from SYD T1.

It's not arrivals access, it access before an onward oneworld flight (marketed and operated).
Old Aug 14, 2016, 8:23 pm
Original Poster

Thanks all, to add to this, both my inbound domestic and outbound international are in J, so not sure if that affords me any extra likelihood of access over and above QFF SG
Old Aug 18, 2016, 5:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
What does the arrival lounge have that the international departure lounge doesn't?
Old Aug 22, 2016, 9:52 pm

Programs: QF
Originally Posted by Annalisa12
What does the arrival lounge have that the international departure lounge doesn't?
Maybe Honey Jumble biscuits and licorice allsorts however some people would prefer to get around to the international terminal and clear customs so they can head to the lounge and just relax before the flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.