Search

AA award with QFF points

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2016, 10:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Qantas FF Velocity Silver
AA award with QFF points

Hi All

Please excuse the newbie question (I did search and couldn't find anything) I want to book a flight from LAX - LAS with my Qantas points.

My question is 2 part, is it possible to book an award flight through QF where the flight doesn't begin or end in Australia? and if so how do I go about doing it as I can seem to select the 2 cities within the website?

TIA
Old Jul 24, 2016, 11:18 pm

Programs: |QF Platinum|DL Platinum|HH Gold|ALL Silver|
When you enter your departure city, at the top of the box along the red bar it should say "Can't see your city?" with a check box to check for "Show Classic Flight Award cities".
Old Jul 24, 2016, 11:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Qantas FF Velocity Silver
cheers
Old Jul 25, 2016, 12:27 am

Programs: QFF NB, AA GLD
For economy it will cost you 8,000 points plus USD5.60
(24,000 points for first class!)

It's only 236 miles - a poor use of points IMHO.
Old Jul 27, 2016, 1:46 pm

Programs: QF
You can usually get fares on the AA.com US site LAX/LAS for approx USD69.00 one way so I'd be purchasing a ticket rather than wasting QF points.

If you're in Australia your web browser will usually default to the AA.com AU site which will charge a lot more eg AUD122.00 for the same journey so you need to make sure you select the US site from the homepage where it lists the other country websites at the top of the page.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.