Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

JQ domestic to JQ Intl connection at SYD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2016, 6:29 am
AZM
Original Poster

Programs: TK, NZ, QF

Flying ADL-SYD-DPS, all booked on a single ticket with a 2hr connection in SYD.
Is this eligible for any complimentary transfer in SYD? (I am QF Gold if that makes any difference) travelling with carry on only.
Old Apr 19, 2016, 6:36 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I do not believe that there is any complimentary service in this case. Realistic choices are T-Bus, train or taxi
Old Apr 19, 2016, 6:56 pm

It's jetstar so you're on your own.

You'll need to make your own way (T-bus, train, taxi) to the international terminal and may need to check in again as well.

Don't muck around once you get over to the intl terminal - head straight for immigration and security.

It'll be tight, but as long as there no delays with your inbound flight then it'll be fine.
Old Apr 19, 2016, 8:33 pm

Programs: Velocity Gold
Is there any other airport in the world that charges you to change terminals?
Old Apr 19, 2016, 9:44 pm
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by travelislife
Is there any other airport in the world that charges you to change terminals?
Sydney does not charge you, the walk is interesting though Brisbane used to charge for the bus like Sydney but dropped it a few years back.
Old Apr 19, 2016, 10:08 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Thinking about the process of bag collection, getting to the bus or train or taxi then the international check in process and immigration then making the JQ boarding cut off, it'll certainly be a tight connection. I'd want more time if I was doing it.
Old Apr 19, 2016, 10:13 pm

Originally Posted by markis10
Sydney does not charge you, the walk is interesting though Brisbane used to charge for the bus like Sydney but dropped it a few years back.
The question should more probably be "is there any other airport in the world that does not provide free transport between terminals"
Old Apr 20, 2016, 6:08 am
AZM
Original Poster

Programs: TK, NZ, QF
Originally Posted by og
Thinking about the process of bag collection, getting to the bus or train or taxi then the international check in process and immigration then making the JQ boarding cut off, it'll certainly be a tight connection. I'd want more time if I was doing it.
As above, it has been booked on a single ticket and we are travelling with carry on only, so no luggage to collect or recheck and i assume we will receive both boarding passes when checking in at ADL.
Old Apr 20, 2016, 7:59 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Gold
The question should more probably be "is there any other airport in the world that does not provide free transport between terminals
CCS
Old Apr 20, 2016, 8:03 am

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by jmoorfoot
The question should more probably be "is there any other airport in the world that does not provide free transport between terminals"
MNL will be one. But you're right, SYD does a really bad job. It might also be one of the few airports to charge for the luggage trolley.
Old Apr 20, 2016, 8:21 am

Programs: SQ*PPS, QF-WP1 & LTG, VA-Gold, Marriott*LTT, Hilton*Gold, Accor*Platinum
Most North American airports charge for the trolley.

I guess you could also get cynical and say "at least there's a bus" (vs. LAX)
Old Apr 20, 2016, 9:10 am

Programs: QF Gold LTG (ow Saph), HHon Silver, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by shuuy
I guess you could also get cynical and say "at least there's a bus" (vs. LAX)
You mean at least there's a train...
LAX has the free interterminal shuttles - although its often quicker to walk, particularly say for T5-T2...
The longest walk at LAX is also a lot shorter than the walk to the Int terminal in SYD...

Cheapest option at SYD is 400 Bus to BURWOOD (NOT Bondi) for $2.10 on Opal, or $2.40 cash, or a few $s more for the train - which is likely to be quicker particularly in peak
Old Apr 20, 2016, 3:28 pm

Originally Posted by og
OP has carry on.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.