Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

"Slow" crediting of partner (BA/IB) points and SCs

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2015, 9:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GGL & CCR / QF LTG

I know QF say partner points take up to 8 weeks to credit but I usually find it a lot faster. A BA flight from 10 days ago has still not credited. Oddly I've just done a mixed BA/AA flight LCY to HNL and the AA flights credited 8 hours after landing while the BA points from Wednesday have not been applied.

Only interested as the backlog means my WP has not kicked in.
Old Nov 29, 2015, 1:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
In general if it was going to credit without your help it should have credited by now - I'd suggest waiting no more than the minimum time allowable to do an on line claim before doing so immediately.

Also, keep copies of your BP and e-ticket at hand should the online claim fail and you need to email a claim in.
Old Nov 29, 2015, 2:37 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
As per serfty, I'd be starting the on-line claim process after 10 days. The only hassle with this is no notification from QF of the outcome - you just have to keep checking your "Activity" statement which will advise if unsuccessful (and then go to "plan B" with copies of e-tickets and BPs).
Old Nov 29, 2015, 4:23 pm
Original Poster

Thanks both, have submitted a claim. Annoying as just 20SC shy of WP for my return flight to London. Not that there's a huge lounge difference in the US. Makes me appreciate the QP!
Old Nov 29, 2015, 5:50 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by Jase76
Thanks both, have submitted a claim. Annoying as just 20SC shy of WP for my return flight to London. Not that there's a huge lounge difference in the US. Makes me appreciate the QP!
Enjoy the WP card. Your life suddenly becomes one hundred times better when you have one. Believe me.
Old Nov 29, 2015, 6:36 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by og
Enjoy the WP card. Your life suddenly becomes one hundred times better when you have one. Believe me.
Well, I'm primarily London based, so am only expecting a slight improvement However, I have an Oz visit planned next year so am looking forward to that as a WP for the first time ever
Old Dec 2, 2015, 2:57 pm

Programs: QF LTG, LH (SEN*** till 02/26), AF, AA, AB-G†
BA credits seem to be slow. They used to post on the next day, mine posted a week later (with no interaction). Something is not so smooth at the moment.
Old Dec 3, 2015, 12:21 am
Original Poster

Mine did post, all at once, not long after my post here. I submitted a claim for the 10 day old points and shortly after they all,posted. So I was WP on the way home. Not sure if it has anything to do with the partner changes coming in for 1 Dec, or something else.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.