Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Late arrival from Sydney today in Wgtn

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2015, 10:14 pm
Original Poster

So today, the flight from sydney that was supposed to land at 2:55, touched down at around 5pm, it seems it was diverted to Chch due to a wind change and needed to refuel. Does Qantas owe any explanation to folks waiting for arrivals?
The only announcement was at around 4:40 - over the speakers from Qantas - that the plane would land around 5pm. Nothing at all showed on the flight arrival board that the flight was delayed and no expected arrival time. When asked at around 3:40, Qantas said they would be in around 4:15.
It was the taxi drivers - waiting for arrivals on the flight - who said as they left that it had been diverted to chch and they would be back around 5pm. Surely Qantas staff can do a better job of updating people.
Old Nov 21, 2015, 10:23 pm

Programs: Qantas FF Platinum, VA Velocity
Not good. Ouch.
Old Nov 22, 2015, 2:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
I don't trust such airport signage - I use easily accessible & free tools such as those provided by FlightAware or FlightStats to keep abreast of inbound flights I may be waiting for.
Old Nov 22, 2015, 4:02 pm
Original Poster

Thanks Serfty, then next time I will know... It isn't like wellington has that many flights or is that large. They could have sent someone down (2 minute walk) to tell the people in the waiting area.
Old Nov 22, 2015, 5:00 pm

I'm with Serfty, seen my incoming aircraft do a go around a few months back and could see it performing the missed approach procedure on Flightradar24. I heard no update from anyone and the signs didnt change even though we were now obviously going to be delayed. After it did finally touch down and come to the gate only then did they announce any kind of delay.

You could assume they could just leave Flightradar24 or another package open on a monitor somewhere and only show QF flights or something. Would be very useful.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.