Wiki Posts
Search

Connection Lounge Access in CNS

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2015, 7:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Exec Club Bronze, Hilton Diamond, Virgin Flying Club Red
Connection Lounge Access in CNS

Hi All - hope you can help me with a question I have.

My Wife & I will be flying LHR-HKG-CNS-HTI next year. The long haul legs are all in Business on BA & CX. We arrive in CNS at 4.20am on CX103.

The final Hamilton Island leg is on an all-economy Q400 aircraft.

I believe that owning to OneWorld rules, we will have QF Domestic lounge access during our layover in CNS based on our inbound class of travel. Can anyone ratify that?

Thanks for your help
Old Nov 12, 2015, 9:31 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Yes as per oneworld rules and as described further here: http://www.qantas.com.au/travel/airl...club/global/en
Old Nov 12, 2015, 1:11 pm

A further point about access...my understanding is that domestic lounge should be open from 4.30am, i.e., one hour before the first flight (to BNE).

However, this may not be the case if you are on the CNS-HTI leg on a Sunday, a day when that BNE flight doesn't operate: the lounge may not open until 6am (an hour before the TSV flight).

(Incidentally, CNS domestic terminal is a short walk from the international terminal via covered walkway. After passing security at the domestic terminal keep to the left and go up the escalator to reach the QF Lounge).
Old Nov 17, 2015, 2:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Exec Club Bronze, Hilton Diamond, Virgin Flying Club Red
Originally Posted by Platy
However, this may not be the case if you are on the CNS-HTI leg on a Sunday, a day when that BNE flight doesn't operate: the lounge may not open until 6am (an hour before the TSV flight).
Thanks - the flight from CNS-HTI is on a Saturday morning so hopefully the lounge will be open once we've taken the time to collect bags and trundle over to the domestic terminal.

Thinking behind routing HKG-CNS-HTI rather than HKG-SYD-HTI is that the transfer in CNS seems to be considerably less hassle than in SYD given the two terminals are a short walk apart rather than a bus ride!

Hopefully the CNS lounge will have a decent bit of seating and some bits to nibble on during our layover.
Old Nov 17, 2015, 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by clarkeysntfc
Thanks - the flight from CNS-HTI is on a Saturday morning so hopefully the lounge will be open once we've taken the time to collect bags and trundle over to the domestic terminal.

Thinking behind routing HKG-CNS-HTI rather than HKG-SYD-HTI is that the transfer in CNS seems to be considerably less hassle than in SYD given the two terminals are a short walk apart rather than a bus ride!

Hopefully the CNS lounge will have a decent bit of seating and some bits to nibble on during our layover.
Yes, the transit in CNS should be fast and certainly far better than going to SYD, arriving at a very busy time of the morning, transferring terminals, and having hours of extra fight time.

When I've taken the CX HKG-CNS flight, I've been through customs etc in under 5 minutes from aircraft to taxi: mind you that's sitting in business cabin with only cabin baggage.

A fast transit assumes CX will be on time and beat the incoming 0440 JQ arrival from NRT, which could unload a batch of passengers not continuing onto SYD.

The domestic QF lounge is quite spacious and will have a buffet of breakfast items more than adequate to keep you going until the HTI flight. It has a good view of the surrounding rain forested range and overlooks the domestic apron.

I assume you realise the CNS-HTI is on a Dash 8 - Q400 turboprop and not a jet? Actually a great way to see the great barrier reef (if you sit on the left hand side of the aircraft) or the stunning coastal scenery (if you sit on the right).
Old Nov 24, 2015, 11:55 pm

Programs: QF WP LTG, HHonors Diamond, NZ Gold
Originally Posted by Platy
I assume you realise the CNS-HTI is on a Dash 8 - Q400 turboprop and not a jet?
This is actually quite an important point - especially with respect to cabin luggage allowance.

Regards,

BD
Old Nov 26, 2015, 4:42 am

Programs: Qantas FF Platinum, VA Velocity
Originally Posted by clarkeysntfc
You have chosen wisely! Transfer at Sydney (especially early morning) should be avoided if possible. Ain't just the bus that's the issue, but you don't want to know about that ....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.