Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

JL domestic Class J - how does it credit to QF?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2015, 7:14 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance

I have a choice of crediting the JL domestic Class J bookings to QF or BA.

I'm wondering how they will credit to QF? It's in the shortest distance bracket. Will it credit as 40 SCs or 10 SCs? They were booked on JL website so there is no booking class attached to them, so I cannot search on the basis of booking classes in any case.

If someone who has flown JL domestic Class J and have credited them to QF, some anecdotes would be welcome. Thanks.
Old Aug 29, 2015, 3:46 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Have done Class J a few times. Each time it credited J SCs. NRT-FUK credited 40 SCs (IIRC). Can't recall the points - I'm not near my statements at the moment. I suspect this is one that is "under the radar" at central control - if you know what I mean.

Edited: a recent HND-Matsuyama flight in the cheapest Class J returned 40SC and 252 QF points. The ticket cost was around Y15000.

Last edited by og; Aug 29, 2015 at 6:31 pm
Old Aug 30, 2015, 5:59 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Thanks Og. That's pretty generous given the low fare.
Old Aug 30, 2015, 6:04 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
Thanks Og. That's pretty generous given the low fare.
As you can see from the JL web site, the low fare quickly escalates for close-in bookings or those in peak periods. You snooze, you lose.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.