Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

QF not crediting Y Class SC for 2 UL Flights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2015, 5:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: AMEX Platinum, QFF Bronze, VA Red, DL Silver, SPG Gold, Hertz Gold Plus, Avis Preferred,

I flew on UL from FRA to CMB, and CMB to SIN this month.
I have pictures of my Ticket and Boarding Pass, and retained both Boarding Passes that indicate this was in Y Class. Y Class equals Full Fare Economy.

Checking my activity statement, Qantas has only given me SC for a Discount economy ticket - so I only received 20 + 20 SC.

I should have received more, which will push me in to Qantas Silver after only been a QFF member for 2 months.

Do i have to call or email the idiots again at QFF?

They are hopeless. Never solve the problem over the phone, and emails disappear in to a black hole. I get a Case Reference number back by email but NEVER get any resolution.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 5:51 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
The fare class letter as shown on your e-ticket receipt as part of the "Fare Basis" is what counts. The cabin as shown on the BP is sometime abbreviated as "Y" to indicate the economy cabin, likewise "J" for the Business class cabin - irrespective of which specific fare class your ticket is booked into. Some *A carriers (eg LH) do the same - but they consistently show a large printed "M" for the economy cabin and "C" for Business cabin - even if the ticket holder may have booked into eg "S" (cheap economy) or "Z" (cheap business) respectively.

It would be very rare and certainly exceptional for someone to be booked into "Y" class. This is hideously expensive and commonly more than the cheapest Business Class fare. If that's your booking class, then apologies for the lecture

You may need to find the fare basis. This can be up to 5 letters of which the first is the booking class. If it is Yxxxx, then, as you say, you are in Y class. This may not be apparent and may need a call to whoever issued the ticket to ask the specific booking class.

Travel Agents are not perfect in having the booking class show on their paperwork. I have just booked some travel and the flight classes are shown as both "First Class" and another being "Business Class" when I know for 100% certainty it is an economy class ticket - the agent says "its a back office problem and the IT folk will get around to it sometime".

Again, apologies for the lecture on something you probably know already.

I'm not sure how you get in contact with the "idiots at QF", but I have found a phone call to QF is consistently handled by competent and friendly staff who seem to make a real effort in helping (me anyway).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.