Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Advice needed on attempted QF booking

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Advice needed on attempted QF booking

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2015, 8:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold . Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Platinum.
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
US regulations on advertising in the US are unlikely to be relevant to Australia advertising

Even so, the only issue seems to be that the promotion had just ended but that the website had not been updated. It is not as if Qantas had been misrepresenting that it had been offering the fare

Even complaining to an appropriate Australia authority is likely to lead to nothing other than Qantas being reminded to update its advertising in a timely fashion
I think thats fair. Its the frustration of the modern world . I think its best left alone.

I really appreciate all the comments made.
Old Aug 27, 2015, 11:02 pm

Programs: QF WP; HHonours
Syd-dfw $1049

I actually booked this fare, but used points plus pay, on 8/16 for return 10/28-11/8.

When I booked & looked at fare there was a slight discrepancy for different days of week. But definitely $1049.

If the op sees this, I wanted to let him know it was real. I wasn't expecting to fly to states this year, but couldn't let this one go. If my memory serves me right, I think same fare could have been to LAX.
Old Aug 27, 2015, 11:10 pm

Programs: QF WP; HHonours
I wanted to add, the ad said flash sale, unsure if I've seen this wording before for sale, but after this ended, another flash sale to somewhere in Asia on QF.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 2:03 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, AA. Plasticy things! That give me, y'know, Stuff!
Originally Posted by Exec_Plat
And after 9 months of investigation- if the charge is proved- the regulatory agency will fine QF $50,000

And you will still pay $2k.
Australian regulators have far more power to fine far higher amounts for false advertising if it were the case. A complaint to the relevant state regulator is in order. Getting them to pay attention is another matter entirely.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 6:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold . Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Platinum.
Originally Posted by parsonstrish
I actually booked this fare, but used points plus pay, on 8/16 for return 10/28-11/8.

When I booked & looked at fare there was a slight discrepancy for different days of week. But definitely $1049.

If the op sees this, I wanted to let him know it was real. I wasn't expecting to fly to states this year, but couldn't let this one go. If my memory serves me right, I think same fare could have been to LAX.

Thanks very much for the info. Congrats on getting a great price, as you say that was to good to pass up.

I think what happened was that the sale had ended BUT they hadnt changed their advert . I pointed this out to Qantas on a few occasions on the day and also the following day but didnt really get anywhere .

We did book a flight in the end for almost 2k (1k more than the "sale" price) but booked it with Virgin via LAX instead of with QF just to get some satisfaction.

Thanks for the posts , much appreciated.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.