Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

4 class configuration flight SYD - NRT?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2015, 11:18 pm
Original Poster

I recently booked a business class flight from SYD to NRT and when I tried to book my seat, the configuration looked different than my previous experiences on this route... After a quick research, I realised that it was the 4 class configuration and quickly booked one last seat in the first class section... This might be a system error, but does anyone know such situations when a 4 class configuration plane is used for SYD - NRT? I would love to know if there is a way to check the expected configuration of a flight if this happens frequently...

http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Qan..._747-400_4.php
Old Jun 27, 2015, 4:58 am

Programs: QFF
There are 2 747s remaining in 4 class config. They have old seats.
The F seats are sold as J. The lower deck J cabin is sometimes sold as PE.

These aircraft are primarily used on the NRT and JNB flights.
Old Jun 28, 2015, 5:08 pm

I'm going to be on one of these airframes tomorrow, reckon the old first seats are worth 30,000 points upgrade? I was saving it for the return flight in the newer config. But tempted by possible old F seats...Can't find much info on them any more.
Old Jun 28, 2015, 8:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by Shamrock55
I'm going to be on one of these airframes tomorrow, reckon the old first seats are worth 30,000 points upgrade? I was saving it for the return flight in the newer config. But tempted by possible old F seats...Can't find much info on them any more.
They are a bit narrow but overall very comfortable though they do look quite old.
Old Jun 28, 2015, 11:56 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by Shamrock55
Certainly. No "droopy leg rest" problems and you get a seat by yourself.
Old Jun 29, 2015, 2:55 am

I was wrong, its the aircraft type without F seats.

Sweet as.
Old Feb 16, 2016, 2:44 pm

Programs: QF Plat (OWE)/NZ Gold (*G)
apologies for resurrecting an old thread. I have a SYD-HND-SYD trip planned in April on QF in premium economy.

Now in the past when I have done this I've had a sector where the lower deck J cabin was used as Y+ seating and the Y+ cabin used as Y seating for elites.

At present it is showing the 4 class config back from Haneda but seating is in the Y+ cabin as expected. Just wondering is Qantas still doing this little switch of the lower deck J cabin as Y+ seeing as the flight is sold as a 3-class flight these days? (e.g. will it change on the day to that?)
Old Feb 17, 2016, 2:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Not these days - the more freqent config as per this is long gone.

The only redefinition is with the two (soon to be gone) 4 class 744 where the 14 First seats are generally sold as Business.

Last edited by serfty; Feb 17, 2016 at 3:04 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.