Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Qantas FF Chairman's Lounge Status - Flying Jetstar

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Qantas FF Chairman's Lounge Status - Flying Jetstar

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2015, 7:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by BadgerBoi
Yes, there are many destinations served by JQ and not QF.
That wasn't my question.

My question was whether there are many destinations served by JQ and by no other airlines?
Old Jun 24, 2015, 7:44 am

Programs: QFF Gold, Flying Blue, Enrich
Originally Posted by Globaliser
That wasn't my question.

My question was whether there are many destinations served by JQ and by no other airlines?

Define "many".
Old Jun 24, 2015, 8:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BadgerBoi
Define "many".
Maybe I should try this question one other way.

How many destinations are served by JQ and by no other airlines?

After all, the proposition that because "Qantas doesn't fly everywhere, unfortunately, OP might be forced to use Jetstar" would only actually be true for places which are not served by any airline other than QF or JQ.
Old Jul 4, 2015, 4:59 am

Firstly I know that Chairmans Lounge members get unlimited access to QF Clubs and Business Lounges Domestically as well as access to QF First/Business Lounges Internationally and Chairmans Lounges domestically

Yes if the op was to look at the back of his card he would find a number to call which does raise questions as to why he came on flyertalk and setup an account just to post this one question

If the route is only operated by JQ and there are no QF flights then they can organise something in terms of a benefit on that JQ flight
Old Jul 4, 2015, 5:57 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by henrus
Yes if the op was to look at the back of his card he would find a number to call which does raise questions as to why he came on flyertalk and setup an account just to post this one question
If we all called the airline FT wouldn't exist. I for one trust more in my fellow FTers than any QF agent as they tend to have greater knowledge.

We also like to welcome new members. Especially CLs who are a resource we don't have enough of.
Old Jul 4, 2015, 9:57 am
In Memoriam

Programs: Mucci
Also remembering that CL's (apart from politicians) do not tend to be frequent flyers, rather they tend to be decision makers within companies who have the ability to affect where that company's travel budget is spent (hence why QF is showering them with largesse).

I would not expect a CL member to have a great deal of knowledge about the intricacies of flying, and the benefits that are available to those with that status.

Dave
Old Jul 5, 2015, 7:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by thadocta
Also remembering that CL's (apart from politicians) do not tend to be frequent flyers, rather they tend to be decision makers within companies who have the ability to affect where that company's travel budget is spent (hence why QF is showering them with largesse).

I would not expect a CL member to have a great deal of knowledge about the intricacies of flying, and the benefits that are available to those with that status.
This is all true. But one would expect both politicians and such decision-makers to have "people" to do these things for them.

So looking again at the appearance, grammar and tone of the first post, I wonder whether it would have seemed more plausible if it had said something this:-
Qantas Club Status - Flying Jetstar

Hi, I am a Qantas Club member. I have booked a JQ flight through Qantas. Does anyone know what benefits i get on Jetstar. What my boarding pass will look like Etc. Thanks
Old Jul 5, 2015, 8:34 pm

Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ TPPS, AF Plat, VS Gold, VA Plat, EK Gold, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by henrus
Most CL members simply call Qantas Premium using the Platinum phone number (that's what's on the back of the card), and that call centre has no extra training on answering questions to do with flying JQ.

Then there are those with Special Services access, which is the same as given to P1, with a little more flexibility. They're special

Also to the point raised about having someone to organise travel for them... many EAs/PAs aren't expert in that area, and this is a wonderful resource for anyone who has questions to ask or just loves getting to know the ins-and-outs of flying
Old Jul 5, 2015, 10:58 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Globaliser
This is all true. But one would expect both politicians and such decision-makers to have "people" to do these things for them.

So looking again at the appearance, grammar and tone of the first post, I wonder whether it would have seemed more plausible if it had said something this:-
Completely unnecessary and condescending.

Reactions like these are why people say FT doesn't welcome new members.
Old Jul 6, 2015, 12:27 am

Programs: BA Gold
You won't get anything remarkable, just the usual lounge access (less interesting if where you're going from/to doesn't have the CL oasis) though it's possible you'll get exit row seats held for you. My parents have CL membership, and I've flown JQ with them a couple of times - there's not a lot to extra.

As for whether CL members have "people" to do these things for them, I'd have thought most won't, at least not for their personal travel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.