Wiki Posts
Search

QF flight operated by AA

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2015, 3:31 am
Original Poster

QF flight operated by AA

Hi Guys,

I will be flying from Melbourne to Chicago via LA.
The 2nd leg of the flight from LAX to ORD is operated by American Airlines, just wondering if meals will be provide for that flight ?
Old Apr 19, 2015, 4:32 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Are you in economy or 1st class?

In economy , no
in 1st - possibly depending on the time of day

This is really an AA question and the AA forum would probably be a better spot to ask
Old Apr 19, 2015, 3:26 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: Mucci
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
Are you in economy or 1st class?

In economy , no
in 1st - possibly depending on the time of day

This is really an AA question and the AA forum would probably be a better spot to ask
Agree. Flight marketted by QF but operated by AA is best served in the AA forum.

Dave
Old Apr 19, 2015, 8:25 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
LAX has pretty good airport food even if you don't have lounge access, so that is the better choice even if AA is serving food on your flight. Being on QF codeshare doesn't get you any food differences these days (used to get extra with AS a few years back, so there is precedent, but with AA you get the AA-treatment). LAX-ORD catering tends to be dire, nothing like QF and not free except in F (which is really J).
Old Apr 21, 2015, 2:50 am

Originally Posted by sprite10
Hi Guys,

I will be flying from Melbourne to Chicago via LA.
The 2nd leg of the flight from LAX to ORD is operated by American Airlines, just wondering if meals will be provide for that flight ?
I just did that flight and yes there are meals for a fee (I had a chicken salad for ~$10)
Old Apr 22, 2015, 9:58 pm

food to and from Ord and LAX

I did this last September. As previous person said no free food. I got a sandwich in LAX and brought it with me, the two people next to me got the chicken salad and didn't seem impressed.
Just an aside, although you may already know this. I bought a AA admirals club membership for 1 month for $99 USD. This gives you access to both Qantas and AA lounges (at least in USA, Australia, and NZ) for you and another person for that month. I had some long layovers and I was flying to and from NZ, so I had an additional two flights. But I thought it was worth while. LAX domestic area is particularly nasty
Old Apr 23, 2015, 6:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just check the operating airline's website for the answer.
Old Apr 23, 2015, 7:41 pm

I do this flight a few times a year and recommend booking the extended legroom seats forward of the exit row, the seat pitch behind the exits are terrible for legroom.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.