Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

QF108 JFK-LAX/SYD: Frustration with QF Customer Service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2014, 10:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, AA EXP, UA 1K

Hello all-

Am hoping you can provide some insight/guidance as QF customer has been very disappointing re: upcoming JFK-LAX-SYD biz class trip on QF108 - I am simply trying to book my seat in advance!

I am flying the JFK-LAX route on my own and meeting my wife in LAX and continuing together on 108. Booked both tickets almost a year ago (long awaited personal trip so actually care about the journey)

I am tremendously keen to sit upstairs on the 747 (before she's retired) but no luck booking it on the website - no seat map is showing on the booking site. Calling QF customer support for help has been a nightmare. It seems the aircraft change at LAX is too much for them to handle; waited over **15 min on hold** while the agent figured out exactly what aircraft is being flown JFK-LAX (less than 10 days out from departure)

EF shows a 747 from JFK-LAX and a 380 from LAX-SYD. However, QF apparently does not know this for sure and has stuck me in 3A. The one time a seat map actually showed, I selected 16A (upstairs)....but EF claims this isn't a valid 747 seat on the JFK-LAX route. So confused and frustrated - multiple calls to QF have resulted in a huge waste of time.

To sum up:
1. Can anyone confirm that a 747 is still being flown on 108 JFK-LAX next week
2. Is 16A a valid upper deck seat on that route?
3. Is there is anything I should try saying when calling QF support once again? I simply want an upper deck seat on the 747 to LAX (EF still shows 2-3 available)

THANK YOU in advance!
Old Nov 19, 2014, 1:53 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
1. QF only operates a 744 on that route.
2. QF does have some 744's with a 16A but I think generally QF108 is operated by a refitted 744 with mkII seats, so there is no 16A/B.
3. Hope for a competent agent.
Old Nov 19, 2014, 3:42 am

Programs: QFF
LAX-JFK-LAX is operated by a 747. If SYD-LAX QF107 is operated by an A380 for whatever reason (normally due to maintenance requirements and/or a one off cancellation of QF11/12), the 747 for the JFK leg comes from the QF15 BNE flight.
Old Nov 19, 2014, 8:27 am

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
No advice around the confusion or lack of ability of QF I to the seat you want - but I'd be happy with 3A. Whilst the upper deck is fairly exclusive the A380 also has an upper deck and on some operators with mini cabins that almost replicate the feel of the 747 ( well not quite). There are no other commercial aircraft operating (AFAIK) which put you into the nose of the aircraft - it's a pretty unique experience flying in the nose unless you are used swanning around the world in F!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.