Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

First QF Flight Since 2006 - Some Help, Please

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2014, 2:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver

I'm new to the Qantas Forum althoughI have followed the BA Forum for a number of years. I will be taking my first QF flight since 2006 in spring next year travelling from BKK - SYD - CNS and returning via BNE - SYD - BKK. I noticed that the Business seat on the A330-300 is due to be re-furbished late 2014. Can anyone tell me if this has happened yet? If not has the seat configuration of the cabin been released yet - seems that this may be 1-2-1 - and is it the intention to re-furbish those operating on international routes first?
Finally what is the difference between Qantas Club and Business Lounges? Are they separate lounges or one and the same? If separate, as I am a business traveller can I use either even though I am not a Qantas Club member?

Many thanks.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 2:47 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
I don't think any A330's have been refitted yet, but yes they will be 1-2-1. First international is scheduled for January 2015 but I would suspect that will be SYD-SIN.

Domestically Qantas has two lounge types:
Qantas Club - Qantas Club members, oneworld Sapphire
Domestic Business Lounge - Business class passengers, oneworld Emerald. May use Qantas Club.

Internationally Qantas has two lounge types:
Business Lounge - Business class, oneworld Sapphire
First Lounge - First class, oneworld Emerald. May use Business Lounge.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 3:48 am
Original Poster

Thanks, Nux. Another question I meant to ask about was the transfers between SYD International and SYD Domestic - and vice versa. On both the outward and return trips I have only 2.5hrs and 2hrs 20 mins to make the transfer. The most obvious option seems to be the Qantas transfer between both. Can someone tell me more about this? Would the train transfer between terminals be better?
Old Oct 20, 2014, 3:53 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by charlesrhona
The most obvious option seems to be the Qantas transfer between both. Can someone tell me more about this? Would the train transfer between terminals be better?
See: http://www.qantas.com.au/travel/airl...al/en#transfer

Also: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qanta...y-airport.html

The transfer bus is the better option as your luggage will be checked through.
Old Oct 21, 2014, 12:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
More information about the seat and some timings: http://www.qantasnewsroom.com.au/med...off-to-landing
Old Oct 21, 2014, 8:52 am
Original Poster

I notice a press announcement today regarding the new business seat on the A330-300. Does anyone know when it is proposed to introduce this on the SYD-BKK-SYD route?
Old Oct 21, 2014, 9:26 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by charlesrhona
Does anyone know when it is proposed to introduce this on the SYD-BKK-SYD route?
No I don't think this has been announced, but SIN will be the international launch route in January and QF want to beat Virgin's rollout for domestic routes. With one A330 being refitted every 30 days if your flight is in spring 2015 for the southern hemisphere then I think it is very unlikely you will get the new seat.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.