Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Changi to Denpasar on Jetstar after QF lounge closing time - which lounge?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2014, 10:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF Platinum (LTS), VA nothing, DL Skymiles

Hi there, I am Qantas Gold / OW Sapphire and will doing a 02:30am Jetstar flight out of Changi to Denpasar. Which lounge is better to use for complimentary beverages/food and showers? As the QF lounge closes at 23:30 (and my flight is 02:30) is the SATS Premier Lounge or Rainforest Lounge is a better choice?
Old Sep 16, 2014, 11:37 pm

Programs: QF Gold LTG (ow Saph), HHon Silver, Marriot Gold
Assume you will be using Priority Pass (or similar) to access??

If so would go to Skyview - http://www.ausbt.com.au/the-aussie-t...irport-lounges

Rainforest is very dark and cold in my view, although haven't been there in a while. Green Market (in T2 SIN) is also quite nice.
Old Sep 16, 2014, 11:40 pm

Programs: QF Gold LTG (ow Saph), HHon Silver, Marriot Gold
But as Himeno has posted in the other thread you created, if you are hoping for access simply because of your Qantas Gold status, then no dice.

Jetstar is not a part of oneworld so the oneworld rules don't apply.
oneworld elites (Sapphire/Emerald) get no lounge access when on Jetstars
Qantas elite (Gold/Platinum) only get access to actual Qantas lounges (when open)
Old Sep 16, 2014, 11:49 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
This thread was split and sent from the BA forum (where it was a post rather than a thread) before I realised it was cross-posted here, so the duplicate thread is my fault, so is "JQ" in the tile before I remembered that this version of Jetstar is probably not JQ.

Both "errors" are my fault and not the OP's. My apologies for the mistakes!

LTN Phobia
Moderator: BA forum
Old Sep 17, 2014, 1:20 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
This thread was split and sent from the BA forum (where it was a post rather than a thread) before I realised it was cross-posted here, so the duplicate thread is my fault, so is "JQ" in the tile before I remembered that this version of Jetstar is probably not JQ.

Both "errors" are my fault and not the OP's. My apologies for the mistakes!

LTN Phobia
Moderator: BA forum
[mod hat] I can't see a "JQ" in the title anywhere. [/mod hat]
Old Sep 17, 2014, 1:39 am

Programs: QFF
Originally Posted by moa999
But as Himeno has posted in the other thread you created, if you are hoping for access simply because of your Qantas Gold status, then no dice.

Jetstar is not a part of oneworld so the oneworld rules don't apply.
oneworld elites (Sapphire/Emerald) get no lounge access when on Jetstars
Qantas elite (Gold/Platinum) only get access to actual Qantas lounges (when open)
Even if Jetstar was part of oneworld, you likely wouldn't get into the SATS lounge unless you were flying on JAL.
The SATS lounge is a 3rd party lounge, not a oneworld lounge. While they have been known to follow oneworld access rules at times due to JAL contracting to use the lounge, they would only do so when it isn't busy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.