Wiki Posts
Search

Qantas Club - Emirates Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2013, 11:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF Gold, WY Gold
Qantas Club - Emirates Lounge

Does anyone have any experience of using the Qantas Club card to enter the Emirates Lounge in Dubai

Outbound I'll be QF flight number but EK metal in economy, A380 to Melbourne. I have a Qantas Club card and my wife also has a partner card, so if I understand correctly we will both have access to the lounge, and can take a guest each (our children...).

On the return leg we are fling QF9 to Dubai, then EK to Muscat (all same ticket) so do we get lounge access again?

Finally, can we use the A380 boarding gate from the lounge even though we are on economy tickets?
Old Nov 15, 2013, 11:49 pm

Programs: Qantas, Hilton, IHG
All on qantas.com:

Dubai - Associated Lounge (International Business Lounge)
Qantas Club Member
Next onward flight that day must be on a Qantas or Emirates flight number.
One guest allowed and must be travelling with the member on the same flight.
That's the EK business lounge.
Old Nov 16, 2013, 12:03 am

Programs: Qantas, Hilton, IHG
Originally Posted by Yachtman
we will both have access to the lounge, and can take a guest each (our children...).

On the return leg we are fling QF9 to Dubai, then EK to Muscat (all same ticket) so do we get lounge access again?

Finally, can we use the A380 boarding gate from the lounge even though we are on economy tickets?
Yes, Yes, and Yes.
Old Nov 16, 2013, 12:51 am
Original Poster

Thank you Austman, much appreciated.
Old Dec 3, 2013, 7:36 am

Programs: EK Silver, CX Gold, SQ Silver, EY Gold
Alternatively i am a QC member but booked on an EK flight via the EK website - EK406 Dxb to Melbourne.

Am i still entitled entry into the business class lounge ?
Old Dec 3, 2013, 2:20 pm

Programs: QF QP
Originally Posted by Petsar68
Alternatively i am a QC member but booked on an EK flight via the EK website - EK406 Dxb to Melbourne.

Am i still entitled entry into the business class lounge ?
I would say yes.

Google is your friend.
http://www.qantas.com.au/fflyer/dyn/.../emirates-faqs

For travel on/after 31 March 2013, Qantas Club Members will be welcomed at the Emirates Business lounge in Dubai when their next onward flight that day is with Qantas (QF) or Emirates (EK).
Old Dec 3, 2013, 11:44 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
On EK metal in business I was denied to F lounge despite QF WP status and wording on website indicating access.
Old Dec 4, 2013, 12:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
When was that? (There has been a discrete change recently.)

If you were flying EK/QF and crediting the onward travel to QFF then your WP status should have entitled you to access.

Lounge Locations | United Arab Emirates | Dubai International Airport | Associated Lounge | First Lounge
Platinum Frequent Flyer

Next onward flight must be on a Qantas^ or Emirates^ flight number.

One guest allowed and must be travelling with the member on the same flight.
^ Lounge access eligibility is based on the class of travel, Qantas club membership or the Frequent Flyer Membership tier for your next onward flight.

Last edited by serfty; Dec 4, 2013 at 12:23 am
Old Dec 4, 2013, 6:38 am

Programs: QF Plat & LTG, VA Plat
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 6_1_3 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0 Mobile/10B329 Safari/8536.25)

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
On EK metal in business I was denied to F lounge despite QF WP status and wording on website indicating access.
Curious where you were crediting the flight to? Shouldn't matter but some reports that crediting to AA but using QF card = denied.
Old Dec 5, 2013, 12:34 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

EK. Unfortunately my EK status is gold not platinum.
Old Dec 5, 2013, 3:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

EK. Unfortunately my EK status is gold not platinum.
As indicated the wording has been changed - the intention is you only get the access based on your status in the FF program your are crediting the travel on your next onward flight to.

There's a thread on AFF regarding this:
Originally Posted by Rourke

This is definitely the new policy, to force people to change their FF number to EK if they want to enter the QP using their Skywards status. I was stopped again at MEL domestic yesterday, and complained when they said I would have to change to an EK number - not as big a deal this time, as it was a codeshare flight. The first receptionist tried to convince me that this was not a new policy, and that the 15 previous times that someone had just written down my Skywards number on their sheet labelled "Emirates Skywards" they were all making a mistake. Hmmm.

I tried hard with the lounge manager; she explained that every time an Emirates flyer enters the Qantas lounge they get to charge Emirates $170 (!), and vice-versa when a Qantas flyer goes into the EK lounge. I gather Qantas is haemorrhaging money through this arrangment! Emirates has been rejecting their written-down lists and insisting on the ticket code, so I should take it up with them. I kinda see her point now. Anyway, won't be long before I'm QF Gold and have to stop juggling cards, I just feel sorry for others who are now getting ripped off when Qantas still haven't changed the text on their website anywhere.
Old Dec 5, 2013, 7:34 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

My travel was in late August 2013.
Old Dec 5, 2013, 8:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My travel was in late August 2013.
That would be about the time of the first reports I came across of this happening.

I am thinking it might be possible FQTV/FQTS and a good TA may come in handy for some going forward.
Old Dec 6, 2013, 3:56 am
Original Poster

Good overall experience with Qantas Club and the lounge, my Emirates boarding passes were remarked/printed 'Terminal A - Emirates Business Class Lounge pass' on both mine and my wives, no problems with he children. For some reason I expected it might be more hassle in Dubai, but it wasn't.

Superb lounge, great facilities for the kids etc. The direct gate access from the lounge leads you to two elevators, one Business/First that goes to Upper Deck and another Economy that goes to the lower deck, although you do get dumped at the back of the queue of economy pax boarding from the normal concourse level, no advantages.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.