Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Emirates, Qantas and OneWorld lounge access

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Emirates, Qantas and OneWorld lounge access

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2016, 12:29 pm

Refused

Originally Posted by lowjhg
Similar with EK Platinum, access on both sides of the trip
So just been refused as a owe in premium on a Qantas flight, so using BA first

Thanks
Old Nov 24, 2016, 10:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by hash
So just been refused as a owe in premium on a Qantas flight, so using BA first ...
Presumably this was at DXB and you were travelling on a Qantas flight Number on Qantas metal?

If that was the case, it is important you complain to Qantas as it offers a retraining opportunity.
Old Nov 24, 2016, 11:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by hash
So just been refused as a owe in premium on a Qantas flight, so using BA first

Thanks
were you booked on the Qantas flight on the Qantas flight number ( QF1,2,9 or 10) or was it on the EK flight number. Also did you have your membership details with OWE status in the booking?

If booked on the QF flight number on a Qantas operated flight and your status was noted on the boarding pass, then you were incorrectly refused access

I have seen EK have a rule that the FF details granting access be in the booking
Old Dec 2, 2016, 7:00 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
As a BA gold/OWE, I'm just checking my understanding really in Y:

QF2 - LHR-DXB - Any T3 OW lounge
QF8XXX - DXB-XXX - No access - no BA/QF lounge as not OW operated
QF8YYY - XXX-DXB - No access - no BA/QF lounge as not OW operated
QF1 - DXB-LHR - Lounge access at DXB - BA or Emirates (?) - don't know the layout of the airport to know whether that's feasible. Only a relatively short layover in the middle of the night, so not all that important really.
Old Dec 2, 2016, 8:49 am

Originally Posted by Cymro

QF1 - DXB-LHR - Lounge access at DXB - BA or Emirates (?) - don't know the layout of the airport to know whether that's feasible. Only a relatively short layover in the middle of the night, so not all that important really.
For this you can access the Emirates First 'Level' in concourse A as a OWE on QF marketed and operated metal. You can also opt to visit the BA lounge which will be markedly inferior in comparison.

Eligible oneworld Status
Emerald

Next onward flight that day must be on a Qantas operated and marketed flight.

One guest allowed and must be travelling on a Qantas operated and marketed flight.
http://www.qantas.com/travel/airline...unge/global/en
Old Dec 3, 2016, 2:00 am

Programs: QFF
Originally Posted by Cymro

QF2 - LHR-DXB - Any T3 OW lounge
Yes.
QF8XXX - DXB-XXX - No access - no BA/QF lounge as not OW operated
QF8YYY - XXX-DXB - No access - no BA/QF lounge as not OW operated
EK lounge only if QF/EK status or J/F cabin.
any oneworld status good for EK Concourse A DXB lounge while flying on QF1/2/9/10.
The QF flights use Concourse A in T3. The EK J and F lounges are entire levels of the concourse above the public transit area. Can board from the lounges to all A gates.
The BA lounge is in Concourse D (in T1, but all the concourses are connected airside) Concourse D is quite some distance away from Concourse A. It would take at least 20 minutes each way to get between the QF gates (normally A1 or A24) to the BA lounge.
Old Dec 8, 2016, 5:18 am

Programs: AA PLT
Flying LHR-DXB-MEL in QF F and also a OWS.

Flying MEL-DXB in QF F with a same day connection to DXB-LHR in BA J. Both flights are award tickets using AA Advantage.

Unsure if we have access to the EK F lounge, not helped by the following from the One World site:

"(EK lounge is) Available to Emerald members when their next onward flight is operated and marketed by Qantas."

Any insights welcome!
Old Dec 8, 2016, 7:27 am

Programs: BA Rust
Originally Posted by DIRECT MERIT
Flying LHR-DXB-MEL in QF F and also a OWS.

Flying MEL-DXB in QF F with a same day connection to DXB-LHR in BA J. Both flights are award tickets using AA Advantage.

Unsure if we have access to the EK F lounge, not helped by the following from the One World site:

"(EK lounge is) Available to Emerald members when their next onward flight is operated and marketed by Qantas."

Any insights welcome!
On your LHR-DXB-MEL you'll get access to the EK F lounge for being in QF F. This trumps the access to the EK J lounge you'd get for being OWS.
On the way back you'll have to use the BA lounge.
Old Feb 12, 2017, 1:15 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold HH Diamond
An excellent and informative thread, forgive me if I keep it ticking along....

Have purchased a Y ticket LHR-DXB stipulating QF (QF800X) on EK metal. Am OWE so my thinking was I'd get the lounge + TP benefits. Well, this thread has disabused me of that, but I have one question that remains, which is do I get OWE benefit at check-in? ie can I skip the humongous Y queue and use first check-in? Suspect I know the answer, but would appreciate confirmation.

Thanks in anticipation....
Old Feb 12, 2017, 1:51 pm

Originally Posted by G-ARVE
An excellent and informative thread, forgive me if I keep it ticking along....

Have purchased a Y ticket LHR-DXB stipulating QF (QF800X) on EK metal. Am OWE so my thinking was I'd get the lounge + TP benefits. Well, this thread has disabused me of that, but I have one question that remains, which is do I get OWE benefit at check-in? ie can I skip the humongous Y queue and use first check-in? Suspect I know the answer, but would appreciate confirmation.

Thanks in anticipation....
If booked on the QF codeshare, you will accrue miles and points to BA

Benefits related to OW status apply when travelling on a flight which is both marketed by and operated by a OW carrier; this includes items such as additional baggage allowance, lounge access and business/1st class check in

If you check in online and have no checked luggage, you can bypass the checking, otherwise if you check in online , you can use the queue for those that have checked in online rather than the economy line for those not checked in
Old Feb 12, 2017, 2:03 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold HH Diamond
Thanks DN for the quick response. I've not flown EK out of LHR before so aren't familiar with their check-in arrangements. I always check-in on-line and will do so for this flight, and do have luggage to check-in. So there is a separate line (non-priority for Y etc passengers) for those who have already checked in?

Probably a superfluous question, but am assuming I am to use EK's desks and not QF's. If indeed they have separate desks...

Any idea what typical loadings are like for the early morning EK 380? But of course it is half term so typical may not apply here.
Old Feb 12, 2017, 2:06 pm

Thanks DN for the quick response. I've not flown EK out of LHR before so aren't familiar with their check-in arrangements. I always check-in on-line and will do so for this flight, and do have luggage to check-in. So there is a separate line (non-priority for Y etc passengers) for those who have already checked in?
Yes there is

Probably a superfluous question, but am assuming I am to use EK's desks and not QF's. If indeed they have separate desks...
You need to check in with Emirates
Old Feb 12, 2017, 9:31 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
As with all codeshares, you have to checkin at the operating carrier (EK in your case). QF status gives F checkin and lounge access but OWE non-QF does not. Also QF Y on A380 is more comfortable seating & service than EK Y, so you lose twice (hopefully the QF codeshare on EK flight was much cheaper). This consideration has led me to keep QFF status, comes in very handy sometimes. Was BA Gold for a while but didn't find that as useful.
Old Feb 12, 2017, 10:48 pm

Originally Posted by number_6
Also QF Y on A380 is more comfortable seating & service than EK Y, so you lose twice (hopefully the QF codeshare on EK flight was much cheaper).
I found the Y seat on EK's A380 to be perfectly comfortable, and their IFE is a clear head above.
Old Feb 13, 2017, 2:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by number_6
... Also QF Y on A380 is more comfortable seating & service than EK Y, so you lose twice (hopefully the QF codeshare on EK flight was much cheaper). ...
Ha! EK Y service/catering is much better than QF's; also EK's "ICE" runs rings around that provided by Qantas.

The only place where QF may be better than EK on 388 economy is if you can score one of the window seats upstairs with side storage.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.